48 years owned in Denver area

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

48 years owned in Denver area

#1 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Possibly known to Denver area members? Now on BAT https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-porsche-356c-78/ Not sure if owner was Registry member or not .
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

George Hussey
356 Fan

Re: 48 years owned in Denver area

#2 Post by George Hussey »

my brother lives in Sentenial and could possibly check it for you, has european heating for some reason, looks like the engine number is matching and has weber carbs, did not look at all of the pictures but after the BAT commenters get through you will probably know everything you have to know about it to make a buying decision
George Hussey

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#3 Post by Brian R Adams »

Odd that in the "BaT Essentials" box it says "57K Miles Shown" but not TMU (for "total mileage unknown"). The conspicuous absence of "TMU" tacitly implies actual original mileage, which would be very unusual for a 356, and questionable since the car has been repainted.
-
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Tony Madsen
356 Fan
Tag: I find dreams; you make them reality.
Instagram: germanjalopies

#4 Post by Tony Madsen »

A PPI is always a good idea. Please fly or drive out if you are planning on buying a high dollar car. I have seen many people disappointed when they receive a car. When I sell a car or part, I make sure to disclose EVERYTHING thru photos and description, but somesellers/auctions do not. I am not saying anything specific regarding this car, seller, or BAT, but flaws are often overlooked on purpose, by accident, or due to excitement of an "auction" or purchase of a "dream car." -tony
See my 1957 speedster "backyard find" story in September\October 356registry magazine. I am always looking for an old Porsche to write stories about or interesting stories about an old Porsche to relay for the magazine.
germanjalopies.com

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#5 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Good advice Tony. I always recommend a PPI to the Newbies I help. I doubt very much the mileage is original. Too many things point otherwise. But it does appear to be a nice solid base for a 64. Better underside pictures needed, and hood number The engine lid tongue does match the Chassis number. Seller is consignment for Widow as long term owner died. I just started this to see if any Denver area 356ers knew the car. Listing dealer does not know details of 356s.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.