Anybody on here live in New Hampshire

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bill Lawless
356 Fan

Anybody on here live in New Hampshire

#1 Post by Bill Lawless »

We are thinking about moving to New Hampshire and was wondering how much registration tax there is on your 356..
Been hearing some rumors that it pretty crazy.. Say if you have a classic car worth $125k how much annual tax/fee ??

-Bill
 Thanks,
Bill
65' 356 SC Cab Irish Green :D
82' SC Targa
81 VW Westfalia with 2015 Forester Engine
BMW 64'-R50/2, 75'-BMW R90/6, 74' BMW R90/6, Yamaha BW350

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: Anybody on here live in New Hampshire

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

You seem to uproot yourself and move more often than most of us. I’m impressed! I forgot where you are now, you don’t love it?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Rainer Cooney
356 Fan

#3 Post by Rainer Cooney »

Registration in New Hampshire is based on the original sale price of the car so for my '55 Speedster it's $14.00 and for my 550 Spyder it's $28.80. You typically pay this at the town hall so there's a clerks fee of $2.00 per car included in this. If you go to the Department of Safety and register your vehicles you can save the $2.00 per car on this but the drive and wait in lines usually negates the savings unless you have a dozen or more registrations to do. Live Free or Die. If there's a cheaper place on the planet to register a car I'd like to know about it. When I tell my relatives in Germany what I pay for this I swear there are tears in their eyes.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

I love NH! I'm there most weekends in the warm months.
Attachments
livefree.jpg
livefree.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 390 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bill Lawless
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bill Lawless »

Thanks Rainer, My wife called the DMV and they said it was based on the original MSRP of the vehicle. So newer vehicles like my GMC truck will be expensive but old stuff, which I have more of will be like you said...

Yeah Martin, We are in Vermont now and absolutely love it.. But what we don't love are the Property Tax and the roads are hands down the worst in the country, which is a bummer for our toy cars.
We lived on a lake in Mass for about 25 years, and wanted to move to the mountains of Vermont, we had a ski house up there for a long time. But I miss lake living and we're trying to get a place on Lake Winnipesaukee which gives us both Mountains and a Lake. Trust me, it's quite stressful thinking about doing this..

Yeah Adam, I've seen your Lake pictures and were wondering what lake your on, New Hampshire has over 800 lakes....
 Thanks,
Bill
82' SC Targa

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#6 Post by Martin Benade »

I spent a month on lake Winnipesaukee in 1969 working with a woman that made violins. I was about 16. It was a beautiful place.
Last edited by Martin Benade on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#7 Post by Adam Wright »

Bill Lawless wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:08 am Thanks Rainer, My wife called the DMV and they said it was based on the original MSRP of the vehicle. So newer vehicles like my GMC truck will be expensive but old stuff, which I have more of will be like you said...

Yeah Martin, We are in Vermont now and absolutely love it.. But what we don't love are the Property Tax and the roads are hands down the worst in the country, which is a bummer for our toy cars.
We lived on a lake in Mass for about 25 years, and wanted to move to the mountains of Vermont, we had a ski house up there for a long time. But I miss lake living and we're trying to get a place on Lake Winnipesaukee which gives us both Mountains and a Lake. Trust me, it's quite stressful thinking about doing this..

Yeah Adam, I've seen your Lake pictures and were wondering what lake your on, New Hampshire has over 800 lakes....
It's a private lake for a small community up there. It's really nice, 400 common acres, everyone has really big lots 4-5 acres, and only 32 houses. It's a former forest reserve so heavily wooded, you can't see most of the houses. Very quiet and what makes it really special, my phone doesn't work there. It's in Richmond, NH, right over the line from MASS and pretty close to VT, just south of Keene.
Attachments
morganmap.jpg
morganmap.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 319 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bill Lawless
356 Fan

#8 Post by Bill Lawless »

That's awesome Adam..
 Thanks,
Bill
82' SC Targa

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#9 Post by Adam Wright »

Bill Lawless wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:32 am That's awesome Adam..
We're up there most weekends in the summer, you're welcome anytime.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#10 Post by Trevor Gates »

Adam - Is this how you pronounce New Hampsha, just curious for us guys on the West Coast 🤣

https://youtu.be/EM-O2AVrNBg
https://www.instagram.com/trevorcgates/

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#11 Post by Adam Wright »

Trevor Gates wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:47 pm Adam - Is this how you pronounce New Hampsha, just curious for us guys on the West Coast 🤣

https://youtu.be/EM-O2AVrNBg
She sounds like Maine to me. Think Lobsta! But I've never been good with accents, being raised in the deep south by a mom from the Bronx leaves me with almost no accent at all.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#12 Post by Wes Bender »

Martin Benade wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:52 am I spent a month on lake Winnipesaukee in 1969 working with a woman that made violins. I was about 16. It was a beautiful place.
I suppose You're going to tell us you were just fiddling around.....
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#13 Post by Brian R Adams »

Adam Wright wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:00 pm It's a private lake for a small community up there. It's really nice, 400 common acres, everyone has really big lots 4-5 acres, and only 32 houses. It's a former forest reserve so heavily wooded, you can't see most of the houses
Do you get many "blackflies" (Simulium trifasciatum) there?
-
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#14 Post by Adam Wright »

Brian R Adams wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:13 pm
Adam Wright wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:00 pm It's a private lake for a small community up there. It's really nice, 400 common acres, everyone has really big lots 4-5 acres, and only 32 houses. It's a former forest reserve so heavily wooded, you can't see most of the houses
Do you get many "blackflies" (Simulium trifasciatum) there?
-
Early in the Spring there are some pretty aggressive horse flies, but they tend to go away when it gets warmer. Mosquitos are way more of an issue. I've been trying to build my Dragonfly garden around the house, they eat hundreds a day, so they're welcome to hang out anytime. Thinking about installing a Bat House too, they like mosquitos also.
Attachments
IMG_8040.jpg
IMG_8039.jpg
IMG_8038.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Gordon Arnold
356 Fan
Tag: M3Eater

#15 Post by Gordon Arnold »

In addition to the above notes on registration, you also have the option for "antique" registration. This can often be less cost, but not always. It's a cool special plate, though.