PVGP

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
todd hart
356 Fan

PVGP

#1 Post by todd hart »

It is my understanding that Porsche is the marque this year at the Pittsburgh Vintage grand Prix. Last time it was I attended it and the local Porsche club hosted a tent for the 356 Registry members at the PVGP. I was wondering if anyone has any thing about this year?

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: PVGP

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

This years Grand Marshall is Pittsburgh native, Ray Shaffer. Ray is the former GM of Brumos Porsche and now at Porsche Classic with PCNA. I'm planning to drive my 356 up from Florida for a family reunion the week before and stay to finally attend the PVGP. Hope to see a lot of 356's there.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

C J Murray
356 Fan

#3 Post by C J Murray »

That is a fun event. I spectated at the park one year but now I think they have two races, one at the park and one at Pitt Race International. I have raced on that track, it was great then and much improved now.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#4 Post by Mike Wilson »

I attended the PVGP the last time Porsche was the featured marque. It was a fantastic event. My wife's brother and sister-in-law live in Wexford and he was the president of the Allegheny Region PCA. The race in the park is fun to watch and the number of cars is mind boggling. I've been twice and never made it to the other side to see the American cars!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe