Kardex Help!

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Evan Lomas
356 Fan

Kardex Help!

#1 Post by Evan Lomas »

Hey guys, just got the Kardex back on my 55’ built 356A. Having a hard time figuring out a few things. The paint color is listed as “Glasso 842 Grün” and the interior is “Carskin braun Karo comb.”………also does anyone know who Herr Dr. Schneider from 1955 was? Apparently worked for Porsche as the car was a “Werksverkauf” (Factory Sale) car. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

Re: Kardex Help!

#2 Post by Jules Dielen »

Hi Evan, most of the 'Glasso' paints were PTS or Sonderfarbe. You'd have to try and find a virgin spot on your car to match it. Under the dash, under the hinge plate vin tag are good spots to perhaps find it. If not, you have carte blanche as there will likely not be any comparable cars.

Werksverkauf just meant it was sold by the plant directly, not that the buyer worked at Porsche. My 55 is the same. With a last name of Schneider you are looking for a needle in a haystack, that is like looking for Dr Smith in the UK.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Evan Lomas
356 Fan

Re: Kardex Help!

#3 Post by Evan Lomas »

Thank you Jules so much for the help! I actually found chassis 55001 here in the USA. The first A ever made :)