New Item - Spindles

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Jacques Lefriant
356 Fan

Re: New Item - Spindles

#31 Post by Jacques Lefriant »

Hi Al
what specifically did Empi provide you maybe if i reinforce your suggestions maybe we can get good parts made.
j

Chris Davis
356 Fan
Tag: Chris in Utah

#32 Post by Chris Davis »

Al Zim wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:35 pm Chris: what happened to you? It has been 6 months since your last post! Stay with the parts that were designed for your car. they will be more expensive BUT the factory made then so they would fit.
*A story for what it is worth. We tried to install the Empi suspension pieces. Empi received the parts back from us with details of how to make them operational NOW it is months later and nothing has happened. 10 feb. 2024
Thanks for checking in on me Al. I have many months of bodywork ahead of me, so I didn't need to be in any great rush to buy the spindles. That said, a long-time member here offered me a nice set of C spindles and I took him up on his generous offer. I suspect I will send a few suspension components your way for a double check before I install them on the car, but that's still a ways down the road. Here's a link to my project post with fist tentative steps (I spent far too long getting my space and rotisserie ready):
viewtopic.php?p=451045#p451045

Al Zim
356 Fan

#33 Post by Al Zim »

If you travel and can take a stop over at D/FW I will be glad to talk to you! al
Last edited by Al Zim on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/

Al Zim
356 Fan

#34 Post by Al Zim »

Jacques: Months ago Aaron returned a set of struts they sent us! He enclosed a complete analysis of what was needed to have these function properly. We have not received a response. al
Last edited by Al Zim on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#35 Post by David Jones »

Al, you can post all about your items for sale in the vendor announcements section. We all want to know about them.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Chris Davis
356 Fan

#36 Post by Chris Davis »

Al Zim wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:36 pm Tell me what you purchased ( is the deal final) and send me photographs. If you travel and can take a stop over at D/FW I will be glad to talk to you at the airport or here. al
Jacques, just say the word and I'll start a separate thread with Al, but if you don't mind the diversion:
Al, the car came with a few things, but I knew I was mostly just getting a shell. That was probably the only way I was going to be able to buy into the club. I know it will likely cost me more in the long run (vs buying a $50K rusty but mostly there project) but unfortunately I have to pay as I go... the Mister Of Finance doesn't extend hobby credit. ;)
I need to update my spreadsheet, but no pending deals at the moment, so yes... everything I've bought so far would be final and most of it through the classifieds here.
I appreciate the invitation and hope I can get down your way sometime soon, but I don't have any current travel plans going through Dallas.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#37 Post by Martin Benade »

Wouldn’t a spreadsheet hold incriminating records of $?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Chris Davis
356 Fan

#38 Post by Chris Davis »

Martin Benade wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm Wouldn’t a spreadsheet hold incriminating records of $?
Good point :lol:
Fortunately we are pretty open kimono on the finances. I get a monthly spend that would actually support a decent size loan payment, but that comes with the understanding we can reallocate on any given month if other things need attention, so I don't get the luxury of extended payment options.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#39 Post by Martin Benade »

I approve of all that, my comment before was 90% kidding. Less secrets is better. Most of my 25 year restoration materials were paid for by my business so they weren’t an item of discussion, and not really a ton of money.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Chris Davis
356 Fan

#40 Post by Chris Davis »

Martin Benade wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:32 pm I approve of all that, my comment before was 90% kidding. Less secrets is better. Most of my 25 year restoration materials were paid for by my business so they weren’t an item of discussion, and not really a ton of money.
And taken that way. :D

Al Zim
356 Fan

#41 Post by Al Zim »

Z
Last edited by Al Zim on Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#42 Post by Martin Benade »

Al you are right, but it was a small drop in the bucket. I generally paid my taxes more honestly than most people, I don’t feel bad about it.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna