356 Carburetor Rescue LLC will be closing by the end of 2024.

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Jim Kaufmann
356 Fan

356 Carburetor Rescue LLC will be closing by the end of 2024.

#1 Post by Jim Kaufmann »

Plans can change, but this is what Candace and I feel must be done. As many of you know, we're always back up with orders and need to cut the workload very soon. Below is the timeline of how we will handle this shutdown.

About a year ago made a post in the Vendor section announcing we were cutting our hours and would have longer lead times, that happened. My assistant Joe Piccininni many of you know from the shows and events in the past, has decided he wants to fully retire at the end of this year.

Joe has handled the Zenith restorations since joining the company 13 years ago and done an outstanding job. Due to his retiring, the shop will only continue accepting customer Zenith 32NDIX's for the next few weeks. Since I must set a cutoff date---will work-up customer Zeniths 'RECEIVED BEFORE' Sunday October 15th. If you miss getting your cores to us by that time will have some sets available after that for outright purchase.

Customers can continue sending in Solex's for restoration until sometime next year. Will make a post when final date to restore customer carbs is set. Our Solex exchange program will end this December.

Through 2024 my other assistant Larry and I will be working on the Zenith/Solex shop inventory. You may order a set if you need something special or just want a spare set of restored carbs for future use. Carb cores will no longer be accepted next year.

Still a way off, but by mid 2025 the 356 Carb Rescue website will go down. Any of you that have been using this website for carburetor information, suggest you print out the pages you need for future reference as someday info will be NLA.

Would be great to see another company like 356 Carb Rescue continue the effort as it's important for the community to acquire fresh carbs in the future, but that work would have to be accomplished by another Porsche enthusiast.

I'll be attending Rennsport Reunion VII, it's less than a month away. 356 Carb Rescue is a sponsor of Registry Reunion 2023 as a 'thank you' to the Porsche 356 Faithful. See you there!!!!

Jim Kaufmann
356 Carburetor Rescue LLC

Alan Klingen 2
356 Fan

Re: 356 Carburetor Rescue LLC will be closing by the end of 2024.

#2 Post by Alan Klingen 2 »

All those with Zeniths can use Ron La Dow of precision matters. He is an Ace with Zeniths He also developed a twin spark 356 motor which we did extensive dsyno testing at my shop And BTW he also does a spin-on oil filter for the 356 which we did extensive dyno testin to make sure there were no oil pressure problems He also sells a seat back click stopper. You when you saeat for no reason clicks back a notch. Alan The Stable.

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#3 Post by Mark Roth »

I believe that Ron has stopped servicing carbs. He seems to have stopped posting.
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

C J Murray
356 Fan

#4 Post by C J Murray »

Mark Roth wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:20 am He seems to have stopped posting.
I can't imagine why. :lol:
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#5 Post by Wes Bender »

Not quite sure that's fair, considering.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....