Daskeyman

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Bill Romano
356 Fan

Daskeyman

#1 Post by Bill Romano »

Am having problems communicating with Tony Euganeo ... anything I should know? Have tried his phone and email. Last email sought delivery and read confirmations but have seen nothing.
Bill Romano

Jim Clement
356 Fan
Tag: 1957 356 A Coupe

Re: Daskeyman

#2 Post by Jim Clement »

he gets a 1 out of 10 for commmunication..
great work when he is done..
he did not return my calls for months.. but then.. my door handles were done and the looked great..

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#3 Post by Jim Liberty »

He's been this way for a decade or more. Find someone else, I did. ............Jim.
Jim Liberty

Graeme Langford
356 Fan

#4 Post by Graeme Langford »

I bought some spare keys from Tony back in January. He took a little while to respond but all got sorted in the end
Daskeyman@verizon.net
1958 356A
1967 911S

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#5 Post by Mike Wilson »

It has been quite a while since I needed to use Tony for any work. He even used to attend the annual Lit Show. He was working full time and did the locks and keys in his spare time. I also had heard he had some health issues in the past. His work was excellent but as all of us have experienced, took some time to complete. Fortunately there are a couple other sources for this type of work. There was another guy in Southern Florida but he has been off the radar for some time.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jan Kolm
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jan Kolm »

There was another locksmith in the Hartford, CT area who advertised heavily for a short period about 10 years ago and disappeared just as fast.

I think he bought Leo and Mark Andstrom's locksmithing equipment when Mark closed down his VW parts business. Mark and Leo were regulars at many of the VW swap meets across New England in the 1980s-90s. Leo used a primitive key-punching machine that relied on code books. I never had a problem with any of his keys not working.
Jan Kolm
356 Registry #1066
1960 1600N Coupe

Alex Parmenter
356 Fan

#7 Post by Alex Parmenter »

Tony recently cut a key and coded a replacement lock tumbler for my 54 coupe, I called him up on the phone and spoke with him and turn around was about a week for both. Excellent service, but i think Tony prefers direct comms on phone rather then emails etc.
Always searching for parts for my Oct 54 Pre A coupe including these:
2 piece engine case to #336XX
Gear knob
Front bumper
Passenger sun visor
Bosch SH/ZS4/1 Ignition switch
Vigot jack (late 54)

Jim Clement
356 Fan
Tag: 1957 356 A Coupe

#8 Post by Jim Clement »

There is no right way.. you got luckey, and he had what you needed.. and you caught him on a good day.
I tried everything , written letters, e mail, phone calls..
Then one day, about 9 months after I sent my door handles and lockes to himafteroriginally telling me three weeks. They were done.. just like that..
and looked great.