A bit more Palaeontology

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Vincent Gillespie
356 Fan

A bit more Palaeontology

#1 Post by Vincent Gillespie »

Hello, For those of you who may not remember my last off topic post it was about my wife's newly published book on Ichthyosaurs.

Well it gets better, the other day a paper was published, 'The Ornamented Shell of a New Bothremydid Turtle from the Uppermost Cretaceous of Niger' by Adan Perez-Garcia, naming a new species of fossil turtle, Abalakemys chapmanae. For those of you who might be interested it is available on an open access platform
She has kept her maiden name, Sandra Chapman, to make it easier to follow publications, it also makes it easier for me as when someone asks for Sandra I know it's work!
IMG_4917.JPG
It's The Holotype, for those of who don't know that's the 'foundation' specimen, and is simply a fantastic honour and tribute to her, I was speechless. Not anymore obviously!

V
And she'll probably kill me for posting this and blowing her trumpet which she wont, she spoke to my brother, the day after it was announced, and said nothing!!
V. Gillespie

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: A bit more Palaeontology

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

It’s quite respectable, her low key manner. But thanks so much for sharing this with us, I’ll be interested to read it!
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna