Coming To A City Near You 🤔😠

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Brian R Adams
356 Fan

Re: Coming To A City Near You 🤔😠

#16 Post by Brian R Adams »

I watched some of the IMSA 12 Hours Of Sebring race yesterday on TV. The top class, Grand Touring Prototype (GTP), consists of hybrid powertrains. One of the TV commentators mentioned special safety rules for GTP cars. There’s a lot of high voltage moving between batteries and Motor Generator Unit (MGU), and if everything isn’t as isolated as it should be, it could be unsafe for a grounded crew member to touch the car. On both sides of the cars' windscreens are lights indicating the status of the high-voltage (HV) system. Solid green lights indicate "all is well" but no lights or red color indicate "Danger, Will Robinson!" when it could be extremely dangerous for personnel to touch the car.

HV service work is prohibited in the regular pit boxes, with cars required to go to designated HV “quarantine areas” to undertake hybrid-related repairs. My hunch is there's also a concern for battery "thermal runaway" fires and explosions. Lithium-ion batteries sparked more than 200 fires in New York City last year alone, killing six people and injuring nearly 150. Last week at least seven people were injured in a five-alarm fire in the Bronx which required the attention of 200 firefighters. Officials believe the incident stemmed from a lithium-ion battery of a scooter.
-
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Justin Rio
356 Fan

#17 Post by Justin Rio »

Mass Electric vehicle production is not the future. The W.E.F. wet dream is the eventual elimination of all private car ownership gas or electric except for the ultra wealthy elite of course. Sooner than you think BTW. As John mentioned they are already rolling out "15 minute cities" or the "live locally" Propaganda. These are nothing more than control sectors and we will be told when and if we can breach these boundaries based on your social credit score Vax status and carbon allowance or whatever criteria the powers that be wish to base it upon.. A crazy conspiracy theory only a few years ago but if your paying attention it is seeping in all around us. I posted this link a while back on a similar thread. Its called "plandopolis" and was part of a series directed at children over 11 years ago! Program conditioning for the next generation that will be soon if not already holding positions of power.

A Brave New World:

https://youtu.be/WSvb_ZTYS6A

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#18 Post by Adam Wright »

Justin Rio wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:06 pm Mass Electric vehicle production is not the future. The W.E.F. wet dream is the eventual elimination of all private car ownership gas or electric except for the ultra wealthy elite of course. Sooner than you think BTW. As John mentioned they are already rolling out "15 minute cities" or the "live locally" Propaganda. These are nothing more than control sectors and we will be told when and if we can breach these boundaries based on your social credit score Vax status and carbon allowance or whatever criteria the powers that be wish to base it upon.. A crazy conspiracy theory only a few years ago but if your paying attention it is seeping in all around us. I posted this link a while back on a similar thread. Its called "plandopolis" and was part of a series directed at children over 11 years ago! Program conditioning for the next generation that will be soon if not already holding positions of power.

A Brave New World:

https://youtu.be/WSvb_ZTYS6A
That was a very bizarre video. So we're to be herded into tightly packed cities like sheep?
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Trond Vidar
356 Fan

#19 Post by Trond Vidar »

If you like it or not EV is already a part of the future. I am sure the Petrol lobby will keep the pressure on in the US but changes are coming.

You can always find a disturbing clip or article and base a case on it but seriously. Learning from the history is an important matter of life, history will always tend to repeat itself and knowledge about the past should give the tools to look better into the future. Stupid ideas does not last.

Disturbing clips?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y81-SzkwwhU

The heavy 2450 kg Buzz run 3.1 mi/kWh = 104.5 MPG, yes "104 miles pr gallon". Fun EV's are in the pipeline whether you like it or not, EV Boxster in 2025 but I like this one.
https://youtu.be/DXGKt8sK8CQ

Happy motoring.
Attachments
IMG_1369.jpeg
'56A coupe & '63B coupe

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#20 Post by Vic Skirmants »

They used to call them the Pale of Settlement, then changed it to Ghettos. Cattle cars and concentration camps were next.
Read history.

Justin Rio
356 Fan

#21 Post by Justin Rio »

Here it comes! The peoples republic of Kalifornia looking to restrict classic car travel...

https://theautowire.com/articles/report ... ssic-cars/

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

#22 Post by David Jones »

Daily caller, Tucker Carlson, must be bullshit.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#23 Post by Brian R Adams »

Naw, Justin. Relax. "It can't happen here." "It's just talk, it'll never get passed." "Even if it becomes law, they can never enforce it." "It'll just be a misdemeanor, a slap on the wrist." "What's the worst they can do to me?"
-
Last edited by Brian R Adams on Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#24 Post by Martin Benade »

Brian I see your tongue is in cheek, but at least you put in a nice Mothers Of Invention quote.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#25 Post by Brian R Adams »

Martin Benade wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:17 pm Brian I see your tongue is in cheek, but at least you put in a nice Mothers Of Invention quote.
I knew that'd never get past you, Martin! Alas, I'm dead serious on the topic.
-

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#26 Post by Martin Benade »

By tongue in cheek I meant your saying not to worry. I suspect it may well happen, but I doubt if it will end up in seizing and crushing old cars.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna