Yellow t5 notch in AZ...?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Justin Rio
356 Fan

Re: Yellow t5 notch in AZ...?

#16 Post by Justin Rio »

Small update on this car.
IMG_9704.JPG
IMG_9708.JPG
It kept its roof and has been repainted in its original shade of Champaign yellow.
IMG_9706.JPG
Only modification from stock is the addition of A/C. Mark has been installing his custom kit for about 20 years for T6 cars but has retrofitted his kit for this t5 Application.
IMG_9707.JPG
He has one question he wanted me to ask here; can anyone provide a photo or description of the correct cut intersection for these two seals at the rear of the quarter window. Any help would be appreciated.
Justin

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#17 Post by Brad Ripley »

Over the years there has been confusion about the window glass for Karmann Notchbacks (coupe).

If possible, please measure the glass on the outside or, if you need, the opening in the body. see photo.
Attachments
Rear window Hardtop dimensions.jpg

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#18 Post by Jules Dielen »

Justin Rio wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:25 pm Small update on this car.

IMG_9704.JPG
IMG_9708.JPG
It kept its roof and has been repainted in its original shade of Champaign yellow.
IMG_9706.JPG
Only modification from stock is the addition of A/C. Mark has been installing his custom kit for about 20 years for T6 cars but has retrofitted his kit for this t5 Application.
IMG_9707.JPG
He has one question he wanted me to ask here; can anyone provide a photo or description of the correct cut intersection for these two seals at the rear of the quarter window. Any help would be appreciated.
Justin
Beautiful job Justin! Is that champagne or condor yellow? I dont believe champagne was available on the T5? That was T6 and C only.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Tom Wavrin
356 Fan

Yellow t5 notch quarter window seal

#19 Post by Tom Wavrin »

Reference to David Aronson's Registry Talk post:
download/file.php?id=73833

See photos of David's Condor Yellow T5 restoration here:
viewtopic.php?t=39904

Justin, the quarter window seal you show in your picture doesn't seem to be correct. The correct style had previously been available through International Mercantile.
Tom, Reg # 10576, Oregon
'62 1600S Karmann HT

Justin Rio
356 Fan

#20 Post by Justin Rio »

Sorry about that Brad, I was referring to the quarter windows.

You're correct Jules, its condor yellow. I'm not personally involved with this restoration but my buddy appreciates it.

Thanks for the links Tom, it was very helpful for him. The rubber extrusions he is showing were purchased at a premium from Terry at international Mercantile so maybe its just the photo??

Anyway thanks for all the help and feedback you guys. I'll take more progress shots the next time I'm over to his place.
Justin

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#21 Post by Steve Proctor »

OMG, have not heard that name in 20 years, Mark VanDeventer. Didn't he have the 356 in Vegas with airconditioning?
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757