"Ethanol Killer"

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
John Clarke
356 Fan

Re: Ethanol

#16 Post by John Clarke »

Thanks Martin
Saved the Link So I WILL watch it
Jay

Larry Brooks
356 Fan

Re: "Ethanol Killer"

#17 Post by Larry Brooks »

When I'm interested in learning more about a subject that I lack the documented data needed to make a well-rounded decision I look to experts in the field for information. If it is a controversial subject I seek out articles on both sides of the issue rather than spending too much time in an echo chamber. I also look for articles that are peer reviewed and discount those that are not. This is a subject where you can find a multitude of peer reviewed articles on one side and very few on the other. This tells me something, but anyone interested can look for themselves and draw their own conclusions.

As EV's become more and more predominate all of this will become almost a moot point as far as carbon emissions are concerned. Good or bad there is little doubt that is where transportation is headed. So on to the controversy surrounding EV batteries...

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Re: Ethanol

#18 Post by Ron LaDow »

Larry Brooks wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:50 am Since you brought it up again:...
Would really appreciate some links which save time looking at refuted studies; please post.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#19 Post by Ron LaDow »

Larry Brooks wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:48 pm ...Good or bad there is little doubt that is where transportation is headed. So on to the controversy surrounding EV batteries...
Not sure you can separate one of those from the other, but please post what you have.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Larry Brooks
356 Fan

#20 Post by Larry Brooks »

I have no interest in stirring the pot on most controversial subjects. People can think what they want and I would rather spend my time on other pursuits rather than arguing about them. However I do feel the need to mention it when a debunked study is represented as valid science. Again, people can easily do their own research via search engines such as Google. Like many others I have problems with Larks study and consider it Pseudo Science:

"Experts with the Department of Energy’s Argonne National Laboratory, Purdue University, and the University of Illinois system have just published an assessment finding major flaws in a recent paper that made unfounded allegations about the greenhouse gas benefits of ethanol compared to gasoline."

Responding to the report Environmental Outcomes of the US Renewable Fuel Standard, which was led by Tyler Lark of the University of Wisconsin, the authors stated, “After a detailed technical review of the modeling practices and data used by Lark et al., we conclude that the results and conclusions provided by the authors are based on several questionable assumptions and a simple modeling approach that has resulted in overestimation of the GHG emissions of corn ethanol.”