Jim Liberty's '53 Glaser

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: Jim Liberty's '53 Glaser

#16 Post by Jim Liberty »

Thanks for all your comments guys. Most of you know this is a "Crime of passion" for me. Believe it or not, the buyer lives in the same town as I. and an old 356 guy. He has already contacted Pebble Beach for consideration for the 2023 event. If he gets accepted, I'll go with him. Going to a good home, especially a near neighbor is a bonus for me. You all know there is no "Perfect" in our projects. We just do what we think is right. .......................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Ken Tuvman
356 Fan

#17 Post by Ken Tuvman »

Jim Liberty wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:16 pm Thanks for all your comments guys. Most of you know this is a "Crime of passion" for me. Believe it or not, the buyer lives in the same town as I. and an old 356 guy. He has already contacted Pebble Beach for consideration for the 2023 event. If he gets accepted, I'll go with him. Going to a good home, especially a near neighbor is a bonus for me. You all know there is no "Perfect" in our projects. We just do what we think is right. .......................Jim.
Hi Jim - I haven't met you but sure am appreciate of your posts on the forum towards sharing your experience with folks like me trying to figure stuff out with our cars that don't have your tenure of experience.

That was a magnificent restoration - a true work of art - a Monet / Van Gogh type of product. It took a lot of heart to do what you did with that car!

You have the right attitude - as a non-professional seller of different motorcycles I've restored and renewed over the years, I always felt especially good that the bike was going to a good home. As a matter of fact, I'd ignore lowballs and people that just cared about price without doing their homework. I've received many emails from buyers of my bikes just thanking me for handing over a machine that was well cared for and mechanically sound - especially good brakes, tires - providing as much "safety" as one an get with a m/c.

You have the right idea and did a super job with the photos, videos, answering questions and not getting off kilter with some of the derogatory comments - there's always "dream stealers" that want to rain on our parades. It's not always about the $$$

KTF. Ken
Author / Photojournalist

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#18 Post by Wes Bender »

++1 Very well said, Ken. Jim is a stand up kind of guy. No BS in his repertoire.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Ken Lubke
356 Fan

#19 Post by Ken Lubke »

Jim
That car was absolutely a stunning example. If I was a collector with unlimited funds, it would be in my collection.
I was contemplating BAT for my 65 C/SC coupe. And because of the nit pickers and derogatory comments about peoples pride and joy, it won’t be going to BAT. I was fortunate to make a new friend in mr. tuvman. He did a ppi for bill whited and was extremely kind in his evaluation. Had some remorse and took it off market. Hope to bring it back in the spring. Winters here are tough when all you can do is look at it. Ugh

Ken Tuvman
356 Fan

#20 Post by Ken Tuvman »

Kenny - your car is terrific and I share your concerns that she get in caring hands to preserve the level of care and ownership provided - my cousin had a car like yours - he was the original owner and turned away offers that jeopardized the future of his pride & joy.
I’m glad we met and I tried steering Bill in the right direction all along stating that I own a 356 but I am not a professional appraiser by any means. It just wasn’t meant to be.

Below - my cousins car (would’ve been a nice score but am happy with my project)! I’ve made friends here and learned a ton about 356’s!
5E260492-4742-4814-A10A-B5F27DC60392.jpeg
36E5DB08-EBE6-490C-8CC8-B8E47BB3B005.jpeg
Author / Photojournalist