Does anyone out there like their (356) bra?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jay Darlington
356 Fan

Re: Does anyone out there like their (356) bra?

#16 Post by Jay Darlington »

Randy Mittelstet wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:34 pm Jay
What type of clear bra are you using that is advertised as easy to remove?
I had an estimate from a detail shop to remove a 7 year old bra on an outside parked older car for $400-500. The edge across the hood had peeled back about 1/8 inch and the bra surface was showing some age. They said it is very labor intensive to do correctly and not harm the paint.
No thanks since I was selling the car.
Maybe a fresher install is easier to remove.

I would just like a clear roll of material that is easy off to protect against bugs on my Midwest road trips. 😁
Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGY5_dusyAY my boy works in a shop and the have a pro do all their jobs and it removes fairly easy why not install and leave it on? the guy that does there's has done complete cars, exotic cars new Lotis's, Corvettes Ferraris to name a few. quality in materials make a difference. yours most likely could have been done in an hour or slightly more 500.00, high for hours work.
Jay D.
jay darlington

Bill Lawless
356 Fan

#17 Post by Bill Lawless »

I have one, never put it on because how ugly they are........ In my opinion !!
 Thanks,
Bill
65' 356 SC Cab Irish Green :D
82' SC Targa
81 VW Westfalia with 2015 Forester Engine
BMW 64'-R50/2, 75'-BMW R90/6, 74' BMW R90/6, Yamaha BW350

Tom Wavrin
356 Fan

Does anyone out there like their (356) bra?

#18 Post by Tom Wavrin »

A friend and I had bras made for our A cars like Tom Keating's and they were easy to install, covered the entire lid and didn't flap around. I have not used the commercially available one I have for a T6 because it is more tedious to install and they do tend to flap while in motion. My buddy uses a similar style on his T6 when on multi-day trips. I would like to see a clear bra installation on a 356.
Tom, Reg # 10576, Oregon
'62 1600S Karmann HT

James Cronin
356 Fan

#19 Post by James Cronin »

bra.png
I use the Colgan for longish road trips or when on the highway. There has been no damage to my car from that bra. Seems there's always something hitting the glass on our cars any time we get on the local tollways or expressways. Roads around here are not great.