Basics of heater function for my 64' c coupe

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

Re: Basics of heater function for my 64' c coupe

#31 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Martin Yes although the cable for the heater went through a different hole in the heater handle that one pulls up for heat. And of course different gearing in the home market.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#32 Post by Wes Bender »

Greg, what model was that diagram for? It's probably similar up front, but the B-C FSM doesn't have such a diagram. Item 9 on the diagram DOES show up in the illustrated parts book.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#33 Post by Greg Bryan »

That diagram was in a Porsche Service Bulletin for the introduction of the new heater system. The history is in the article I reference above
( https://s3.amazonaws.com/ClubExpressClu ... IfSoif4%3D )
The service bulletin was issued in early 1963, so that's near the end of the T6B production cycle. When this change was made, they also changed the fuel pump to the center pushrod type, added the tall can oil breather, changed from the clunky rear window defogger manifold to the two outlet type common on the C models, and enlarged the heating tube diameter, according to the service bulletin. The changes are the same between the 'Euro' and 'USA' at least on the C models with the exception of the heater boxes and ancillary equipment on the motor, and the heater control valves - I would say that everything on the car body is the same - it would be very un-Porsche-like to make two different bodies. I have never examined an
unmolested T6B car with Euro heat system and compared it to a RoW car of the same vintage.
Greg Bryan

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#34 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Introduced to comply with German Law January 1963
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

#35 Post by Thomas Sottile »

If all the parts are working the heater/defroster will work As long as you keep the revs up there things you can do to enhance the performance make sure all leakage is controlled and the levers are adjusted properly. I live in ct and I find the system acceptable