Cleaning roadster interior after 23 years?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jon Schmid
356 Fan

Re: Cleaning roadster interior after 23 years?

#16 Post by Jon Schmid »

Bill Oldham wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:11 pm Eric, Peter Silton (frequent poster) used to sell copies of the special manual for roadster top. One of the bows requires you to hand move it, especially in folding the top. You really do not need the manual once you have seen it folded up correctly. But you are doing the right thing, slowly re-training the top to be flexible. Sunlight (for warmth) and water are of course useful. Good luck.
Bill
Peter got his copies from my dad's original bought 1960 Roadster's manual. Since my dad (thank God!) didn't keep the pamphlets in the car, they were basically brand new 60 years later. Peter did a fantastic job recreating the manuals--you cannot really tell them apart. Get yourself one if they are still available--you will not regret it. 8)

Vincent Chiaro
356 Fan
Tag: Miles = smiles. Dirty car, happy driver.
Instagram: atypical__driver

#17 Post by Vincent Chiaro »

Found one of the original top operation manuals with the stack of paperwork with my roadster. Also the owners manual, which is really well written and useful!
1960 356B Roadster -- http://www.youtube.com/atypicaldriver

Eric Huffman
356 Fan

#18 Post by Eric Huffman »

I'm still hoping more material comes along from the family that I purchased my 60 Roadster from. As they go through the lifetime collection of stuff that the late uncle collected, anything is possible right?

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#19 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Vincent Looking at your door cards reminded me of tool kit bags before cleaning. So here is a link on cleaning them which might be of help: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31275&hilit=tool+bag+cleaning
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.