Cool outlaw on Facebook

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
Greg Erickson
356 Fan

Cool outlaw on Facebook

#1 Post by Greg Erickson »

Anybody know the how, what, where on this car…very nice!
Attachments
C4AB21B8-AD26-4BFA-A6DE-B0764C7D299C.png
C4AB21B8-AD26-4BFA-A6DE-B0764C7D299C.png (3.41 MiB) Viewed 1986 times

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: Cool outlaw on Facebook

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

To me its pretty obviously Photoshopped. I'd like to see it minus the paint decorations, they are distracting.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Mike Ruddy
356 Fan
Tag: https://tinyurl.com/yw3jedrh

#3 Post by Mike Ruddy »

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#4 Post by Vic Skirmants »

WOW! Color-shifting paint. :D :)

Chris Markham
356 Fan
Instagram: @csmarkham

#5 Post by Chris Markham »

I gotta say, the render on the cover of the current 356 Registry Magazine stopped me in my tracks. For two reasons. My first thought was, "Wow, they're really leaning into the 'outlaw wing' of the club!" And then, immediately thereafter, I was ushered back in time to a margin advertisement in Hot VWs magazine from 1980 for an Intermeccanica "Speedster C". Big, fat, fender flares like our magazine cover "car"; I wanted it immediately--the coolest car I'd ever seen. I knew next to nothing about Porsches, except that I'd been reading R&T since I was 8 years old--about 12 years by then. So I knew of Speedsters and thought maybe I could find one of these used, rather than a new fiberglass version. Save some money. And maybe without a motor, because I knew VW motors and could I put one in there?

A copy of Excellence magazine from the newsstand was next and therein was another margin ad. This one with a faceless magician in a top hat proffering "Secrets of the Inner Circle". For sale from Automotion, in Santa Clara. As it turns out, that was a lunch hour drive away from where I worked. So I got "The ABCs..." in a brown binder, and "Secrets" in a red cover. Never did get the Speedster, but directly due to this club and the fine folk in it, I got my '59 coupe 24 years ago. No flares...yet. But that render on the cover, and these renders.... they got me thinkin'.
Chris M
59 Coupe #106728
'61 "Heinz 57" 1720. Stacks, ceramic headers, Supertrapp, Pertronix, Maestro 24k gold-plate coil strap for speed. Willhoit bar, Skirmants spring. 5" Brazilians. 20' paint w/abundant bubbles, GT straps, grilles.