Is this the end of buying/selling parts?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Is this the end of buying/selling parts?

#16 Post by Adam Wright »

Thomas Eberlin wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:14 pm 80,000 new agents
Of course, the IRS will have 80,000 new agents and the bank account information of taxpayers so taxpayers will be at a disadvantage even if they understand the law. The IRS has proven unwilling or unable to protect taxpayer data. They like to go after people with a R next to voting? If the real men don't stand up, the whole world is under China control.
Does that mean I'll get a Harbor Freight closer to my house? It takes me 45 minutes now!
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#17 Post by Wes Bender »

Doug McDonnell wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:30 pm
Thomas Eberlin wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:14 pm 80,000 new agents
Of course, the IRS will have 80,000 new agents and the bank account information of taxpayers so taxpayers will be at a disadvantage even if they understand the law. The IRS has proven unwilling or unable to protect taxpayer data. They like to go after people with a R next to voting? If the real men don't stand up, the whole world is under China control.
80,000 new agents? What are you smoking?
It's his first post Doug. Although I agree with a portion of what he said, he obviously hasn't read the forum rules......
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Phil Planck
356 Fan

#18 Post by Phil Planck »

A few here seem to have logged into the wrong forum.
Phil Planck

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#19 Post by Mike Wilson »

+1, Phil...

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Thomas Eberlin
356 Fan

#20 Post by Thomas Eberlin »

Not new, just not a sheep. The truth in the truth.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#21 Post by Wes Bender »

...and the forum rules regarding political posts apply to everyone, sheep or no.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#22 Post by Mike Wilson »

πŸ‘

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#23 Post by Doug McDonnell »

I just get tired of people bashing the IRS and other parts of government that they detest. I pay taxes every year, I drive on roads, drink clean water out of the tap-not from a bottle. I have never seen a case of Colera in spite of practicing ER Medicine for 34 years. I did diagnose a case of Mumps in an over the road trucker who had been in 5 states since he started having symptoms. Local health Department and CDC investigated. Paid for by tax dollars of course. The local infection control nurse came to the ER and told me I couldn't diagnose the case as Mumps. I replied " I already have and drew appropriate titers to prove my diagnosis is correct. Leave me alone until you can prove I made an incorrect diagnosis." I never saw her again.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#24 Post by Mike Wilson »

πŸ‘

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#25 Post by Steve Proctor »

Last edited by Steve Proctor on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#26 Post by Paul Hatfield »

To answer the original posters question- Heck yes this is going to impact people buying/selling car parts. It certainly impacts how I will conduct myself when selling the original appearance generator/fan belts I make. To create them there is a lot of labor, and little profit, but mostly it is done to help get engines and tool kits back to original appearance. I need to evaluate if it is worth the hassle now.
Tom- Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I believe it does impact the sales of 356 parts here in the classifieds or elsewhere.
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#27 Post by Emil Wojcik »

Steve Proctor wrote: ↑Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:30 am
Wes Bender wrote: ↑Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:48 am ...and the forum rules regarding political posts apply to everyone, sheep or no.
Even to our trustees??? Check back in this thread to see who opened the door to divisive political posts on our CAR CLUB forum. Elected trustees are our representatives, ostensibly reflecting the values and ethos of our members. Partisan politics have no place here. Maybe a few more members checked out today...

Excellent point, Steve, and although I also noticed this I chose to say nothing simply because it's become so commonplace with some people here it hardly seems worth discussing.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Tom Keating
356 Fan

#28 Post by Tom Keating »

I personally, am going to stop restoring jacks & pedal sets. I cannot justify time,labor parts price plus pay tax and Paypal fees. Also EBay has their own payment structure. I cannot put decent price to people who need the part. I do not do swap meets anymore because of location where I am so it may end.
Tom Keating
1964 356C Sunroof

Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#29 Post by Paul Hatfield »

Tom-
I totally get it. That is why I commented about the belts I do. I am sure others will need to consider this before offering a part. I am open to swapping and trading with other Registry members though, even if done via meeting on this site.
As for selling and using PayPal, etc., it's not just about raising the price to cover taxes. It's about having to report the sales and file the taxes- which becomes a burden.
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#30 Post by Adam Wright »

It's my understanding that Paypal only reports if you reach a certain threshold, then they send you the paperwork. So if you haven't got a notification from Paypal they aren't reporting you, so unless you want to self report out of duty you're probably ok. This really only applies to people who actually use it for business, not the hobbiest/garage cottage industry types. Take it from a guy who was once in the top 1% of Paypal. As far as ebay fees yes, they are out of control, but you can always sell here and Samba, places like that if you want to avoid ebay.
I'm sorry there is nothing political to report here, just my understanding of tax issue. Can't people find places to talk about politics, without spewing that crap here?
Last edited by Adam Wright on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.