If you are bored

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

If you are bored

#1 Post by Doug McDonnell »

if you are bored like I was this AM go to the magazine section and start reading at Volume 1 #1. By the time I finished Vol 1 #2 I knew that Vic was almost 30 years old, weighed 175 lbs, and owned 15 356s, and was the clubs new Technical Editor. The year was 1974 and lots of 356s were already being parted out do to rust.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Re: If you are bored

#2 Post by David Jones »

I weighed less than Vic back then, I had 4 kids and I had just sold this car for 180 pounds in the UK and the check bounced and I never got my money and all I had left was a 356B and an MG midget. If anybody cares this picture was taken on Pendine Sands in Wales which was where record breaking car runs were made in the 1930's
Attachments
64 Jag Pendine sands Ca 73.jpg
64 Jag Pendine sands Ca 73.jpg (114.7 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Ken Tuvman
356 Fan

#3 Post by Ken Tuvman »

Too bad David - my wife & I enjoy the pristine cars on British detective shows like Morse & Poirot.
Author / Photojournalist

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#4 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Kev if you enjoy Morse than there is new series called Endeavour. Morse when he is young. Also with good characters and acting.

Also I have a place nearish to Oxford so we like to visit (even though my brother went to the other place) You can take a Morse walking tour and visit some of the colleges. A good day out and one for your list when international travel is easier.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

neilbardsley wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:49 am Kev if you enjoy Morse than there is new series called Endeavour. Morse when he is young. Also with good characters and acting.

Also I have a place nearish to Oxford so we like to visit (even though my brother went to the other place) You can take a Morse walking tour and visit some of the colleges. A good day out and one for your list when international travel is easier.
A very well done show, their attention to detail is really good.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#6 Post by Adam Wright »

David Jones wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:52 pm I weighed less than Vic back then, I had 4 kids and I had just sold this car for 180 pounds in the UK and the check bounced and I never got my money and all I had left was a 356B and an MG midget. If anybody cares this picture was taken on Pendine Sands in Wales which was where record breaking car runs were made in the 1930's
I weighed less than all of you then, I was 1.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator

#7 Post by David Jones »

Midsomer Murders is another that is set in that area but utilizing similar names of real places in the West Country. It may be pablum but it is entertaining pablum even if some of it is too graphic for prime time TV. I am just thankful for cable so that some realism can be retained in entertainment.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Ken Tuvman
356 Fan

#8 Post by Ken Tuvman »

Vera also good - enjoy them all!
Author / Photojournalist

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#9 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Except that Vera's 90 defender starts and runs well. Not my experience with Defenders

Scott McAdams
356 Fan

#10 Post by Scott McAdams »

We lived in Camden Town in the early 70’s. My brother and I used to keep a sharp eye out for all of the unusual cars over there - Issettas, Hinkel Bubble Cars, Messerschmidts, Citroen 2CV’s etc. In hindsight, I should have bought some of them…. Yeah, I’ve seen all of the Morris series, and the Endeavors. Good stuff.
356B S90 Roadster, '60 (gone)
Targa, '84
C4S, '08
Macan GTS, '23

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator

#11 Post by David Jones »

If you want a British series that is enthralling, or at least it was to me but sometimes very graphic try watching "Silent Witness". In it's 24th season so it can't be all that bad.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#12 Post by Doug McDonnell »

David Jones wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 am If you want a British series that is enthralling, or at least it was to me but sometimes very graphic try watching "Silent Witness". In it's 24th season so it can't be all that bad.
How many different actors have had the lead role during that long run? At least 3 in the years I have watched. And back in1974 I was 24 and still in school and weighed about 145 Lbs and wouldn't own my 1st 356 for another 5 years.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#13 Post by Adam Wright »

If you want strange British TV watch The Prisoner, very bizarre, but watchable.
www.unobtanium-inc.com