Front bumper guards for rear bumper

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Brian Luce
356 Fan

Front bumper guards for rear bumper

#1 Post by Brian Luce »

I am in the midst of restoration on '62 coupe and will not be passing exhaust through rear bumper guards. I am looking to purchase front guards for the rear as I understand this can work? I see Pelican has them by TMP for $225 and "Porsche genuine" for $470 (does not delineate R from L), Stoddards has them for $300, and Sierra Madre has them for $278. Does anyone have experience with either version relating to appearance, quality, or fit? I hope this is acceptable question without anyone having to play "favorites" with sources.

Thanks for any advice
Brian

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Front bumper guards for rear bumper

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

Hard to tell the differences in appearance but I'd go with the least expensive if you're not striving for originality.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Paul Lima
356 Fan

#3 Post by Paul Lima »

To your original question, yes, at least on the "B", the front and rear overriders are the same (except the rears have the exhaust holes). You need a left and a right (which are reversed on the rear) and it will look perfect.

Harlan Halsey
356 Fan

#4 Post by Harlan Halsey »

Yes, they are the same fit and shape, B and C. But as for looks, just leave them all off. Fill the upper surface holes in the bumper and do it before you make holes in the deco strip.