1959 Aetna Blue 356b T5 Cali Import Project Website

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Duncan Shaw
356 Fan

1959 Aetna Blue 356b T5 Cali Import Project Website

#1 Post by Duncan Shaw »

Hi all,

I have been restoring a 1959 356b T5 over the last 6 years and wanted to share a simple website I’ve created to tell the ongoing story.

The project has involved stripping the car, having it resprayed and then carefully re-building it by hand. Its been a journey of education to say the least. Only once you’ve tried two get panel gaps right, for the 14th time, do you understand what’s required to properly restore a 356! The Registry forums have been invaluable, I could not have got this far without the generosity of knowledge that fellow members have offered, even going to take pictures of their cars to explain the more complex solutions. I was also very happy for the car to recently be featured on the Registry instagram, an honour indeed!

I imported the car from California, to Nottingham UK, in 2015 after seeing it online. I couldn’t resist the stunning combination of Aetna blue with light grey leatherette. Upon arrival I wasn’t impressed with the previous respray, but was very pleased to discover the car was rust and accident free once I got under its skin.

Ultimately, I’m preparing the car for sale as I have 1979 911SC which is more suited to road trips with my young family. I'll still get my 356 kicks from my father's 1963 right hand drive ruby red 356 though...phew!

I’d be grateful for any feedback along with you sharing the site with anyone who you think might be interested in the car. Its just good to share my project with people who I know will get it.

Those who register interest will receive exclusive early access when the car is completed in 2022, I’d love it to go to a true enthusiast as the next custodian.

The website address is https://www.aircoolist.com/ and my instagram account is https://www.instagram.com/aircoolist/ please check them out if my project sounds interesting to you.

Keep the faith! Duncan

Aircoolist 356 Site 02.jpg
Aircoolist 356 Site 02.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Aircoolist 356 Site 03.jpg
Aircoolist 356 Site 03.jpg (18.4 KiB) Viewed 874 times
Aircoolist 356 Site 01.jpg
Aircoolist 356 Site 01.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 874 times
356b T5 1960 - Aetna Blue
Instagram @Aircoolist