60 356B rebuild in Sydney, Aus

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Stephen Moran
356 Fan

60 356B rebuild in Sydney, Aus

#1 Post by Stephen Moran »

Bought this in 2010 as a body only. The guy I bought it off was fed up sourcing parts for this 59 RHD B coupe, so bought a fully restored 60 B from European convertibles in Cali and stripped it off its interior and drivetrain for his 59, and I ended up buying the 60 body off him on a frame. 

This is how it was when I got it in 2011

Anyway, spent a while living overseas in Ireland, and life etc got in the way and last weekend decided to pull it out of the garage and get her back together and on the road. 

Since getting it, I sourced a 356 SC engine from the US,  gearbox, drums, spindles etc and have it rolling. It came with all the reject stuff from the guy's 59, so I have seats and window frames and all the glass. Bought one of the last PGI 356 front windscreens for it for $180 before they closed up in Australia.  

Will start by getting the drivetrain, steering and brakes/mechanicals all back together and working, then put in the wiring loom, interior carpets and headlining. 

It was fully restored in 2008 by a renowned 356 restorer Bill Hamilton in Texas, so at least I am not dealing with any body rust issues. 

This was it back in 2010 whilst it was for sale at European Convertibles. Hopefully I can get it back to looking like this soon!

Should be fun!
Steve Moran
Sydney, Australia
58 RHD A-T2 Coupe (with Bench Seat)
60 LHD B-T5 Coupe

Eric Lenius
356 Fan
Tag: More is More

Re: 60 356B rebuild in Sydney, Aus

#2 Post by Eric Lenius »

Thanks for showing the love to the T-5! Great cars.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: 60 356B rebuild in Sydney, Aus

#3 Post by Mike Wilson »

Best of luck with your project, Stephen!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe