2021 GA Mountain Party - Helen Six is on!

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Mark Todorovich
356 Fan
Tag: Drive em

Re: 2021 GA Mountain Party - Helen Six is on!

#16 Post by Mark Todorovich »

I am registered and looking forward to it. Since i registered early this morning i haven't been able to get on the website. You must be getting a great response congratulations. I hope to pin down details beyond event registration. When the site catches up.
Mark Todorovich 4243
52 Coupe
56 Speedster project now underway
63 Cab?

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#17 Post by George Bryan »

Thanks Mark. We have had a great response and the online registration seems to be working out for us all. Site is working fine, but has had a lot of traffic. Are you bringing the silver cab/cpe? It would be great to see it again. Look forward to seeing you. Appreciate you registering. Best, George

Leo Dreisilker
356 Fan

#18 Post by Leo Dreisilker »

Hi George, I made my reservation at 12:01 last night and it was easy. I called Tanglewood at 9:00 a.m. and left a message. I got a quick response but the cabin for 2 was sold out. The lady said that they lost 1/2 of their cabin rentals because the rentals went to Air BnB. She called me back later in the day to tell me that Unicoi State Park and Lodge had rooms and cabins available. I took a room right away. I asked if there was a discount for the 356 car club and she said no and there were a lot of calls from 356 members already. She was going to approach the Lodge manager. She did offer discounts for Seniors and AAA members at 20% off. I just wanted to pass on this info to all.

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#19 Post by George Bryan »

HI Leo, glad you registered and provided feedback. As a note of insight, Covid devastated the tourist business up that way. Most cabins and lodges were closed for months, forcing some owners to sell or submit to the AirBnB group. The owner of Tanglewood, Curtis AND his wife Bridgette, were hospitalized in December/January in ICU from Covid and almost died from it. Curtis texted me from the hospital and said not to worry, they will take care of our group...somehow. They did. Good people. Miranda is family and working remote and she will do her best to get a reduced rate at other places, but no guarantee. She cant control what the other management companies price at, especially when they are way in the red. I have spoken to them about this before registration opened; so I know she is doing her best. Thanks, George

Mark Todorovich
356 Fan
Tag: Drive em

#20 Post by Mark Todorovich »

We scored a three bedroom two bath cottage at Tanglewood . It s Fred Thatcher and I . If someone wants to join us we have an extra bedroom.
George I am bringing the silver Cab?, looking forward to it .
Mark
Mark Todorovich 4243
52 Coupe
56 Speedster project now underway
63 Cab?

Cliff Murray
356 Fan

#21 Post by Cliff Murray »

There are people who talk about doing things and there are people who actually get the job done. The Helen events are staffed by doers, motivated enthusiasts, people with ideas and the determination to see them through to completion. Cheers to those among us that possess this gift. Thank you for the good times Jean and I have had in Helen for the past 5 events.

Thank you to every member who has stuck their necks out to put on an event for our Registry members. God bless you.

I now have a whopping 3 months experience as a Trustee. The HR department has me signed up for the 401k and they showed me where the executive restroom is and gave me a key. I am starting to turn my attention to the job and events are critical to our success as Trustees. If you are a person with a plan for any event you must first sell your idea to the Trustees. That means ALL Trustees or at the very least the majority of the Trustees must like your plan. The only way that you can be certain that your event is seen in the way that you wish to present your proposal is to first submit it to ALL 7 Trustees directly. Do not assume that your Trustees are sharing every event proposal with their fellow Trustees. You would expect us to share everything but we don't so you have to circumvent this failing by being in direct contact with each of your 7 Trustees. Sell each of us with your exciting ideas and well thought out plan. I ran on the importance of events and I want to find ways to make those happen.
1957 Speedster
1959 Sunroof
1960 Devin D Porsche racer
1963 GS2133 Coupe
1967 911S
2003 575M
Various vintage motorcycles

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#22 Post by George Bryan »

The entire Helen team wishes to thank everyone for the great feedback and for registering for the event. Very happy to see so many first time attendees...WELCOME! The site will automatically close registration when the 150th attendee is logged in for the event. Those after that will be put on a waitlist in the event of a cancellation. We are in single digits away from being sold out already. So if you're thinking about it, don't snooze. See y'all in September and thanks to the many sponsors & friends who help make this possible.
Best, George

PS. I appreciate those who bought the April fool part about Jerry Seinfeld...he wants to be more involved but having trouble coordinating his calendar with Jay Leno and which car to bring : :wink:

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#23 Post by George Bryan »

Hi all. Thanks for the interest in our event. 150 attendees and 86 cars will be there for this regional event. Registration is closed and there will be a wait list maintained in the event of cancellations. You get on the wait list by going to club reg and filling out the form, even though registration is closed, but you make no payment. Please contact the registrars by email if any questions about cancellations, wait list, or necessary edits to your entry form. We are sold out as of 7PM Saturday night. The entire Helen crew says thanks and we look forward to hosting you in September. George
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 8.21.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 8.21.25 PM.png (96.12 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

James Rowe
356 Fan
Tag: Spend time behind the wheel!

#24 Post by James Rowe »

Man that was fast. We are in the waiting list. Hopefully something will open up.

Cliff Murray
356 Fan

#25 Post by Cliff Murray »

George, congratulations to you and your team!!! You are a shining example of how to ignore the hurdles and get the job done. Hosting an event is difficult but I hope that other members will see that it is also rewarding enough that you have been motivated to do this 6 times. Jean and I will see you there!
1957 Speedster
1959 Sunroof
1963 GS2133 Coupe
1967 911S
2003 575M

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#26 Post by George Bryan »

Thanks Cliff. Thank YOU for your attendance over the years, sponsorship, and support as a trustee. I encourage ANYONE to give it a try from 10 cars to what you think you can handle locally or on a regional size. Events are the lifeblood of any car club IMO. Leonard & I and the crew are happy to help anybody get started...just ask...we'll happily share the how to and the lessons learned like we did for the NY Treffen group (which would have been a GREAT event until killed by Covid).

The key is good communications with guests and among yourselves. Our event staff is spread among a few states and with E reg, zoom, email and txt its like we are all working in the same room. We have guests from the NE states as far a MI, the midwest, the South, TX, and even WA state coming again.

Anyone planning an event, we encourage you to break the shackles of "this is how we always did it"...especially registration! The E-registration is AWESOME and saves so much wear and tear on the event group registrars and makes it so easy for the folks that want to come. We had very few times we assisted a registrant as his Commodore 64 got him a little sideways. The little video helped from the feedback I've gotten. Quick, easy, and for the event chiefs it gives you the scrupulous accounting you need to demand when handling other peoples money. AND it generates reports that we used to have to fat finger into XL which really took up the time; avoids the snail mail hassle and manual accounting, and saved the runs to the bank to make a deposit.

Look forward to seeing and hosting y'all again.

George, Leonard & the entire crew

Cliff Murray
356 Fan

#27 Post by Cliff Murray »

Yes George helped us a lot with the planning of the covid cancelled Catskill 356 Treffen®. Our group is looking at reactivating that event now that New York State has lifted the travel ban and some other restrictions. Would anybody be up for driving and socializing in the beautiful Catskills? If you ask for it we may be forced to put it on sooner rather than later. Good idea? Let us know. KTF
1957 Speedster
1959 Sunroof
1963 GS2133 Coupe
1967 911S
2003 575M

George Bryan
Registry Hall of Fame

#28 Post by George Bryan »

I’m in as long as its not 9-12 Sept :-)

Suggest your crew start a thread and get a feel for interest/response.

G

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee
Instagram: @mtbranning

#29 Post by Michael Branning »

George Bryan wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:24 pm Hi all. Thanks for the interest in our event. 150 attendees and 86 cars will be there for this regional event. Registration is closed and there will be a wait list maintained in the event of cancellations. You get on the wait list by going to club reg and filling out the form, even though registration is closed, but you make no payment. Please contact the registrars by email if any questions about cancellations, wait list, or necessary edits to your entry form. We are sold out as of 7PM Saturday night. The entire Helen crew says thanks and we look forward to hosting you in September. George
Congratulations George and Team! Thanks for the careful planning that makes the Helen events so enjoyable! I wish we could come this year, but we are western bound this time.
Michael Branning
356 Registry Vice President/Trustee
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

jerry and kathy smalley
356 Fan
Tag: Jerry

#30 Post by jerry and kathy smalley »

Who is the registrar? I think I signed up but need to confirm. Thanks
62 Cab
62 Roadster
2012 Cayman R