how to e mail seller

Allen Henderson
356 Fan

Re: how to e mail seller

#16 Post by Allen Henderson »

I wrote t his email to : mbranning@porsche356registry.org, rafikdous@porsche356registry.org
Frankly, I don't think much or any discussion is necessary. The interface is two step or more cumbersome; the photos are small; the email link doesn't work directly for some users.

I understand the Club bought a canned product with in regard to the classifieds is not very good and antiquated. And what most all users want is a customization (of the poor canned program) Please just have the fix the damn thing quickly or make a change.

Enough time has passed already. It should never have been chosen or fixed quickly.

The world is changing and our Porsche 356's are valuable cars with many professionals involved and making good livings off and with our cars. Let's have a Classified section that is up to today's standards, not some armature "hobbyist" ( which I AM btw) Mickey Mouse Club.

Thank you

Allen Henderson
408 458 0498
Allen

Jim Clement
356 Fan
Tag: 1957 356 A Coupe

#17 Post by Jim Clement »

okay.. came to work, and yes, it works on my regular work computer..
so it is the user settings or user set up.
It may be the fact that my home computer does not have outlook installed on it, not sure.

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee
Instagram: @mtbranning

#18 Post by Michael Branning »

Jim Clement wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:23 pm okay.. came to work, and yes, it works on my regular work computer..
so it is the user settings or user set up.
It may be the fact that my home computer does not have outlook installed on it, not sure.
Jim, if you have outlook on your work computer, it is no doubt set up as the default mail client. The home computer needs its browser preferences set up to point to how you compose your email, which may be on a webpage within your browser. These settings will be in different places on different browsers, but Google is your friend if you search something like:

"Set up default mailto Firefox Windows 10" (if you are running Windows 10 and the Firefox Browser, for instance).

Here's an example. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/make-g ... il-client/
Michael Branning
356 Registry Vice President/Trustee
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#19 Post by Mark Roth »

Allen,
We had the opportunity to ask for extensive modifications before we went live but there was a Trustee that was adamant that we shouldn’t spend money modifying the CE platform. Once we went live and got feedback, CE said that they would let us know when they could get to us. So we will have to wait. We are all as frustrated as you are.
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

Allen Henderson
356 Fan

#20 Post by Allen Henderson »

Mark Roth wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:46 am Allen,
We had the opportunity to ask for extensive modifications before we went live but there was a Trustee that was adamant that we shouldn’t spend money modifying the CE platform. Once we went live and got feedback, CE said that they would let us know when they could get to us. So we will have to wait. We are all as frustrated as you are.
Thanks for update, so to speak. Should be fixed already !

-Allen-
Allen

Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#21 Post by Paul Hatfield »

I recently had the experience of a member responding to a Classified Ad I have for generator/fan belts. He sent a nice message, and I then replied. Problem is the reply backfired, would not go through. Looking up the member here, he does not have his email set up in his profile.

Suggestion, if possible, a person responding to an ad needs to have either their contact email set up in their profile, OR they need to fill in a mandatory field where they give an email return address in order for their message to the seller to go through.
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"
http://www.enginesinback.com

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee

#22 Post by Michael Branning »

Paul Hatfield wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:21 am I recently had the experience of a member responding to a Classified Ad I have for generator/fan belts. He sent a nice message, and I then replied. Problem is the reply backfired, would not go through. Looking up the member here, he does not have his email set up in his profile.

Suggestion, if possible, a person responding to an ad needs to have either their contact email set up in their profile, OR they need to fill in a mandatory field where they give an email return address in order for their message to the seller to go through.
Paul, please forward his email he sent, to me. This is very strange and not likely to be an issue with either the main website or the forum. I’ll take a look.
Michael Branning
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#23 Post by Paul Hatfield »

Email sent. Thanks for looking into this.
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee

#24 Post by Michael Branning »

Paul, as indicated in private email, this doesn’t seem to be related to the website, rather it’s some sort of “hide my email” function from windows mail on the originator’s computer.
Michael Branning
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Paul Hatfield
356 Registry Member

#25 Post by Paul Hatfield »

I appreciate your time in checking this out Michael. Thank you!
Paul Hatfield
"Miss April"