New forum question??

Christian Guthrie
356 Fan
Tag: How many is enough?

New forum question??

#1 Post by Christian Guthrie »

First off, Thank you to the volunteers for all you do. Second off, why do I have to login to the forum after I’m already logged into the classifieds? Third off, why do I have to scroll to the top after choosing the next page in the classifieds?
I’m using an iPad Pro if that matters. Thank you

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: New forum question??

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

The forum and the classifieds are in different locations, and could even have different login info, or can be set to be the same.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee
Instagram: @mtbranning

#3 Post by Michael Branning »

Christian Guthrie wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:19 pm First off, Thank you to the volunteers for all you do. Second off, why do I have to login to the forum after I’m already logged into the classifieds? Third off, why do I have to scroll to the top after choosing the next page in the classifieds?
I’m using an iPad Pro if that matters. Thank you
Christian, go to the Rules & Help link and review that page. There’s a lot of information on the login situation there.
Michael Branning
356 Registry Vice President/Trustee
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Christian Guthrie
356 Fan

#4 Post by Christian Guthrie »

Thank you gentleman.

Any idea if anybody is working on automatically starting at the top when you advance to the next page? I been through enough of these overhauls after 20 years that you would think I would just be used to this by now. We’ve come a long way since the first e-mail list but still, some things should just be a given.

Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

#5 Post by Mark Roth »

Christian,
The CE platform has some weak spots and the Classifieds is one of them. We are accumulating issues like the one you pointed out and have approached CE to have them custom programmed at our expense. As of now they have informed us that our requests are not a priority. They have 2000 plus organizations and we are somewhat at their mercy in this respect. There are so many positive aspects of the platform with otherwise excellent support that we take the bad with the good. Please continue to give us feedback as, like a new car model launch, the users are road testing the product. We hope to present CE with a complete list of requested improvements after a reasonable period after the February 15 launch.
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

Christian Guthrie
356 Fan

#6 Post by Christian Guthrie »

Great response Mark, thank you. We can't ask for anything more than what you guys are already doing, Great to know there is an end in sight, thanks for the update.