Member contact list?

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Member contact list?

#1 Post by Ron LaDow »

It's somewhere, but damned if I can find it. Why not under the "Connect" tab on the home page?
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

Re: Member contact list?

#2 Post by Spencer Harris »

Oooh, and you're so close. On the Forum page click on Quick Links (above left) and select "Members".
Members List.JPG
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee
Instagram: @mtbranning

#3 Post by Michael Branning »

You can also use the search icon on the upper right. Search in Author with wildcards - like *ladow*. Click on the name in the results and you can email them.
Michael Branning
356 Registry Vice President/Trustee
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#4 Post by Ron LaDow »

Appreciate both responses but neither explains why "contact" does not include member contact info.
To be clear, it's obvious that the limitations of the software suppliers mean there are hiccoughs in delivering that info, but it's doubtful I'm alone in looking.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#5 Post by Martin Benade »

You saw how to contact a member, and if they respond you will have their email?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee

#6 Post by Michael Branning »

Ron LaDow wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:25 am Appreciate both responses but neither explains why "contact" does not include member contact info.
To be clear, it's obvious that the limitations of the software suppliers mean there are hiccoughs in delivering that info, but it's doubtful I'm alone in looking.
Ron, with regards to the forum and the club practices on member privacy, nothing has changed. Prior to the launch of the new website the only mechanism for one member to contact another was through the forum. It sends a form email to the recipient without exposing their email address. If they wish to reply then the sender gets an email and both parties can now converse. If they don’t wish to reply then the sender is blocked.

With the new website, there is a member directory. (The TAN is an “interest group” which is a setting for filtering). Every member can set their privacy settings in their profile. See the 4th page of this help document: https://porsche356registry.org/docs.ashx?id=937932

For member privacy, the default settings for all members were limited to view name and city/state. If they want to share more, they can. I have mine set to “share all information”.
Michael Branning
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#7 Post by Martin Benade »

I noticed that the classifieds give the seller’s actual email address, that’s intentional? I don’t think it used to be that way.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee

#8 Post by Michael Branning »

Martin Benade wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:15 pm I noticed that the classifieds give the seller’s actual email address, that’s intentional? I don’t think it used to be that way.
That is correct. It’s how the ClubExpress platform is designed. There are trade offs with standard software and this is one of them.
Michael Branning
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#9 Post by Martin Benade »

I am fine with it, won’t be causing me any trouble.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#10 Post by Ron LaDow »

Michael Branning wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:31 am {...]
Ron, with regards to the forum and the club practices on member privacy, nothing has changed. Prior to the launch of the new website the only mechanism for one member to contact another was through the forum. It sends a form email to the recipient without exposing their email address. If they wish to reply then the sender gets an email and both parties can now converse. If they don’t wish to reply then the sender is blocked...
No problem; I can find it now, it just seemed strange that member connections were not under "Connect". Having dealt with developing a couple of web sites, the limitations of relating intents to labels is understood.
Well done.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee

#11 Post by Michael Branning »

Ron LaDow wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:16 pm
Michael Branning wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:31 am {...]
Ron, with regards to the forum and the club practices on member privacy, nothing has changed. Prior to the launch of the new website the only mechanism for one member to contact another was through the forum. It sends a form email to the recipient without exposing their email address. If they wish to reply then the sender gets an email and both parties can now converse. If they don’t wish to reply then the sender is blocked...
No problem; I can find it now, it just seemed strange that member connections were not under "Connect". Having dealt with developing a couple of web sites, the limitations of relating intents to labels is understood.
Well done.
We certainly tried hard within the constraints of budget, technology and our time. We will keep working to make it as good as possible. Thanks!
Michael Branning
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#12 Post by Ron LaDow »

Michael Branning wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:31 pm We certainly tried hard within the constraints of budget, technology and our time. We will keep working to make it as good as possible. Thanks!
+1
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz