RHD Pre A Wiring...

For Pre A discussions and questions
Simeon Cattle
356 Fan

RHD Pre A Wiring...

#1 Post by Simeon Cattle »

We've just received our newly braided wiring harness back from Autosparks in the UK. I have installed all of the front section up to the dashboard and have begun routing it towards the back. I'm stuck wondering where and how it routes through the centre tunnel? I can see looking through the shifter hole that there is a channel on the passenger (N/S) side that starts at this point, as well as a solid tube on the drivers (O/S) side that runs from the front of the footwell all the way to the back. There is a wiring clip on the drivers side where it goes back up to the dash, and another on the passengers side near the shifter area, as if to say it crosses over to the other side at some point to go through the passenger side channel?

If anyone has a photo either from the rear underneath the car, showing where different things leave the interior and come into the engine bay, or from inside the car showing where the harness goes on a pre a, it would be hugely appreciated.
Attachments
Drivers side tube running to rear
Drivers side tube running to rear
Screenshot_20201109-162000_Gallery.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 462 times

Simeon Cattle
356 Fan

Re: RHD Pre A Wiring...

#2 Post by Simeon Cattle »

For some reason it wouldn't allow me to post all three pictures at once.
Attachments
Passenger side channel
Passenger side channel
Screenshot_20201109-161952_Gallery.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 461 times
Centre tunnel
Centre tunnel
Screenshot_20201109-161957_Gallery.jpg (999.36 KiB) Viewed 461 times

Donald Zingg
356 Fan

#3 Post by Donald Zingg »

You did not say what year, but here's the arrangement where everything exits the rear of the tunnel on a 1953-55 LHD car.
There is just one conduit inside the central tunnel large enough to accept the wiring harness. In a LHD car it runs along the righthand side of the tunnel. Before installing the new harness, visually inspect the interior of the conduit and clean up any burn-through spots wherever there conduit was welded in the tunnel.
---
Attachments
tunnel console1.jpg
tunnel console1.jpg (355.49 KiB) Viewed 455 times
tunnel console2.jpg
tunnel console2.jpg (327.37 KiB) Viewed 455 times
tunnel console3.jpg
tunnel console3.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 455 times

Simeon Cattle
356 Fan

#4 Post by Simeon Cattle »

Thank you Donald, exactly the picture I was hoping to find! Ours is a late 1953 car so that should be the same for us.