Web Test drivers needed!

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
E Rutherford
356 Fan

Web Test drivers needed!

#1 Post by E Rutherford »

Over the last couple of years I have been getting more involved in maintaining small car collections. Of course it started with 356’s then has spread to other marques. There seem to be something missing between those that drove the cars and those that maintained the cars. Decent record keeping of each outing.

I just needed something simple and easy to use, plus it needed to be with us every time we took a car out. There was definitely one tool that went out on every single drive! The cell phone.

So I made a simple and very easy tool that is now on the cell phone to bridge that gap between the driver and the mechanic. No more yellow sticky notes on the windshields when I walk into the building!
I have been testing the “app” for months and it is working just fine. Little teaks here and there, but it does what it’s supposed to.

This is where you come in. I need lots of drivers and cars on the system to keep improving the system. If you hate it, I want to hear it. If you love it, I want to hear it. Feedback is what I need. It is completely free. It doesn’t matter if you have just one car or 50 cars, it’s free for now.

Just go to https://myegarage.com and sign in.

If you have any questions or concerns, just drop me an email (support@myegarage.com) and I can try to answer your questions or concerns.
If you want more instructions on how to use the system, just drop me an email and I can send you a pdf manual as well.
Hope you find it useful

Ed Rutherford

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

Re: Web Test drivers needed!

#2 Post by Dan Macdonald »

ED, I tried it but there's too much information required. i don't want all that info on the internet.
Thanks.
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

E Rutherford
356 Fan

#3 Post by E Rutherford »

Thanks for the feedback, Dan. I have heard that comment before, especially the "location field". I have one collector with over 60 cars in the system and in the location field they use Bld#1, Bld#2. etc. nothing specific.
Nothing is full proof for sure, but I think we have pretty good security, only time will tell. BTW you have all your cars listed under your name right out in the open on the internet!
Thanks again for the feedback and that concern is something I will have to continually address.

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

#4 Post by Dan Macdonald »

Hi Ed, that's true. Good point.
But I guess I kinda trust this website. Don't know enough about the new one.
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

E Rutherford
356 Fan

#5 Post by E Rutherford »

It was a very fair question. All of our information is at risk in today's world. Its how we manage that risk and only you can decide that, which you did, and that is just as it should be.