Ignition Switch repair

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Ignition Switch repair

#1 Post by Ron LaDow »

Unless I'm missing some nuance, it seems getting prompt repair of switch operated things has been difficult recently.
I have no personal experience, but one of the guys over on the 912 board is happy he's found a good source:
"Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to work with Jim Simpson, O.D.D.Parts! My ignition switch was bad, but I wanted to keep using it so I would have only one key for the door locks and ignition. So I called him based on a thread here. After a 20 minute conversation w/this delightful man I sent the switch to him. In 2 days, he sent me a quote that included several pictures of my disassembled switch with pointers on the pics at where repairs were needed, a schematic for adding a solenoid relay and a very detailed quote. A couple days later he sent an just as detailed "update" and said he'd return the repaired switch to me by Friday, 12/18. Well, I got it today and it works great! He even cleaned up the original key I had sent! It turns out that while he has lots of work, he likes to turn over these smaller jobs for the cash flow! I couldn't have expected more!
-Chuck
https://www.912bbs.org/forum/threads/sh ... ost-435521
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Ignition Switch repair

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

Nope, you're not missing the nuance, Ron. It seems at least a few people need repairs but a couple of our former locksmiths are off the radar. Thanks for the info on another source.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

John A Payne
356 Fan

Re: Ignition Switch repair

#3 Post by John A Payne »

Thanks, Ron. I appreciate the lead.
John Payne
62 S Coupe

Jack Kwiat