Precision Matters IS an essential business...

Vendor announcements of new 356 products, product changes, recalls, requests for product feedback, or changes to their business.
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Precision Matters IS an essential business...

#1 Post by Ron LaDow »

...at least to my wallet.
As such, we are open normal hours, and UPS continues to deliver the orders to our customers.
If there is a change, it will be promptly noted here.
Thank you for your continued business.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Precision Matters IS an essential business...

#2 Post by Brett Johnson »

Me too! My veterinary business was deemed essential, but the governor of the state of Indiana then told everybody to stay home for two weeks and those non-essential people mostly did what he told them to do -- until yesterday -- people in Indianapolis have short attention spans. My 17 year-old twins with even shorter ones have been on corona virus house arrest for a little over a week and got bored the first day. Only 6 more weeks (of them) I hope.

My book writing/publishing business is probably nonessential, but the post office is on my way to work and the rest of the business is in my house, so also business as usual. I looked at the Amazon website for my book today and wrote them some useful sales copy -- then I noticed that they were shipping it Prime by April 19. April 19!!!! I've got around 800 copies on hand and I ship next day at the very latest! Being self employed has some advantages at this weird time, but only if you picked the right profession.
Brett Johnson

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#3 Post by Martin Benade »

I recently retired, so I think it is essential that I do little. So far I am living up to it.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Bill Lawless
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bill Lawless »

Thanks for staying open Ron... I just ordered a FFF...

It's a good time to play with our cars.. The underside of mine never looks so good..

-Bill
 Thanks,
Bill
65' 356 SC Cab Irish Green :D
82' SC Targa
81 VW Westfalia with 2015 Forester Engine
BMW 64'-R50/2, 75'-BMW R90/6, 74' BMW R90/6, Yamaha BW350

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brad Ripley »

BTW, Stoddard NLA in Reno and Stoddard in Ohio is an essential business open for business.

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#6 Post by Ron LaDow »

Hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but *every* business is essential until proven otherwise; Brad and Bruce do wonders for our efforts.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

DonCichocki
356 Fan

#7 Post by DonCichocki »

Thank You guys!
Stay safe!

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#8 Post by Ron LaDow »

Folks, in the words of a master of marketing: "We thank you for your support!"
Suffice to say Precision Matters remains open for business and for reasons you might imagine, I've made scant (make that "zero") effort to inquire regarding the issue.
Currently, our 616 Sump Plates are on back order, only because the 300* magnet is a special order and some folks seemed to think we were selling toilet paper; what (by history) should have been a month's over-supply was cleaned out nearly a month early. We're keeping a waiting list on those; shipping should resume 5/18, so long as our supplier is honest. If you want to get on the list, please call or use the 'contact' tab on the web-site. We are not taking paid pre-orders; sometimes people change their minds.
And I'll pass on a hearty "thank you!" from several Pre Mat suppliers; your orders (and a desire to keep our supply chain healthy; those skills don't grow on trees) have prompted
early and increased production run orders. In an email regarding the latest order (today) the owner of the shop mentioned he's kept 6 guys on the payroll as a result of the Pre Mat business. I'm happy, he's happy and they are, too.
We are doing our best to make sure you get your orders on time and our supply chain remains healthy. For encouragement, all we got is pig-Latin: Illegitimi non carborundum.
For gratitude, we, Pre Mat and suppliers, can do better: Thank you. Danke. Gracias. Merci. Gracie. Domo.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#9 Post by Brian R Adams »

Ron,

I read recently that nearly all neodymium magnets are made in China, and that they are in very short supply just now. FWIW.

Brian Adams
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Herlin E. Woolery
356 Fan

#10 Post by Herlin E. Woolery »

Martin Benade wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:10 pm I recently retired, so I think it is essential that I do little. So far I am living up to it.
+1 :D

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#11 Post by Ron LaDow »

Brian R Adams wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:01 pm Ron,
I read recently that nearly all neodymium magnets are made in China, and that they are in very short supply just now. FWIW.
Brian Adams
The supplier is not particularly forthcoming with information, but the parts are to be shipped quite soon. I got the impression the material is sourced from the PRC, fabrication done elsewhere.
Doing my best to keep stuff in stock; I'll call on receipt of this batch to confirm delivery schedule on the next.
We are not taking paid orders, but keeping a list of interest. Call or contact through the Pre Mat site if you want notification.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#12 Post by Ron LaDow »

616 Sump Plates are now shipping again; magnets arrived.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz