Trunk liner T6B and C

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Trunk liner T6B and C

#1 Post by David Jones »

What is the difference between these two other than the price? How do you tell an original from a repro?
https://www.stoddard.com/nla55110306-64 ... 6-nla.html

https://www.stoddard.com/64455110306.html
Last edited by David Jones on Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: Trunk liner T5 and T6

#2 Post by Martin Benade »

In your title you mention T5, which is just like your A under the hood.
Here the cheaper one’s part number starts out with NLA which means it is a repro. It looks a tad rough around the Porsche lettering. The other one has an actual factory part number meaning it is a factory part.
Around 1975 I had my liner out and looked at it and thought it was so junky that I should throw it away. It probably is the lowest quality part on a 356. Now that I have a nice car it does rub me the wrong way to pay hundreds of dollars for such a piece although now I wish I had one. I NEVER show the car so it may end up with a piece of black carpet.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Re: Trunk liner T6B and C

#3 Post by David Jones »

Sorry Martin, I edited my post so yours does not make as much sense now. I also see that the part of the liner that goes under the tire strap holder is also different. I did not see the difference in part #'s. I thought the one in my "C" was a repro though I cannot remember where I bought it but I do remember it was not cheap and as it has a 644 number on it I guess it must be an original.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#4 Post by Martin Benade »

Actually the front center part of the repro is a slight improvement over the factory one that looks like someone got after it with scissors.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brad Ripley »

The Factory part is actually for only the 356C which allows clearance of the 356C master cylinder reservoir. The Stoddard NLA part is actually the more complete part for T-6's with instructions for 356C applications, i.e. cutting away the master cyl reservoir clearance and also the detail where the tire strap goes. Take your choice especially on the price.