New Porsche Tool Reference Site

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Benjamin Abraham
356 Fan

Re: New Porsche Tool Reference Site

#16 Post by Benjamin Abraham »

Sorry for the delayed replies to emails and/or PM's

I had an adverse reaction to the second dose of the vaccine (I did not jump any line... I am a medical doctor constantly being exposed to the virus in my clinic, and this was my personal decision). Not to get too medical, but it might be because I had sars-covid-1 back in 2003. No research to prove it…. But the last 3 days have been brutal.

I will respond to all PM’s and emails this weekend. I have a list of edits to make and I will be making them systematically, in order that they have appeared. The only exception being is if someone has a need to make edits by phone and has little time to do so, I will accommodate them in real-time the best I can, that way we do not lose anyone’s enthusiasm.

On schedule:
(1) Ongoing - Photo removals, they are being done is a priority
(2) Ongoing - Watermarking photos for people that requested it or credit near the photo
(3) Ongoing - Figuring out how to make this an “open source” website
(4) 356 Carrera kits update to “complete” tools and what is real/repro or other… I will slowly do this for all “complete” kits section. There is a note before you click on each of these sections saying the same
(5) 912 kit addition
(6) Early Pre-A 356 revision

And now I need to get to the PM’s to continue to add to this list. Everyone’s constructive criticism is important and appreciated. Again, this is not my site, this is the communities’ site… and I intend to figure out a way to make this open-source without myself as owner. The only thing I can be credited for is being a good student… I learned from everyone around me. I have received some PM’s asking me about their own kits, I am not an authority, but I can help out. The website should have all that information and more, and I am more than willing to help people navigate it… it might also help reveal possible problems with the site that I will need to address.

Currently, the website is not optimized for Mobile devices, but you can still use it that way, as many pages work, but this will be updated by April.

Thank you, everyone, I will be back to post updates soon. Please subscribe to the website, you will receive timely updates to changes or additions. Your data will not be shared under my tenure. Benjamin