Which Champagne Yellow is correct?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: Which Champagne Yellow is correct?

#16 Post by Jim Liberty »

Mike, Porsche bought their paint in bulk. Just like carpet, batches were more likely than not different. Porsche could care less, they just needed to sell cars. John W's. chart is the best guide out there. ....................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#17 Post by Mike Wilson »

I agree, Jim. Probably variations in batches.

All the best. Are you going to Luftgekuhlt?

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Thomas Unger
356 Fan

#18 Post by Thomas Unger »

A couple of comments.
  • I agree with Wes. The color balance of the first photo seems a bit off (greens, greys and skin colors just don't look right). That would mean the colors of the 2 cars will be hard to assess as to which is correct. Also the angle between the 2 cars is slightly different so that could be the reason for the variation (see my last comment below)
      The Wilhoit color seems very close to that on other websites including factory color brochures shown on Charlie Whites site, here: https://derwhites356literature.com/Pors ... olors.html
        With regard to my prior comment about how the color will appear different on time of day, angle of the sun, surrounding colors, etc....here's the same car (WCH 2022). Colors appear different - one lighter and the other darker
      Thomas
      Attachments
      IMG_1811.jpeg
      IMG_1816.jpeg