New Bursch Super Sport Exhaust

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Barton Beach
356 Fan

Re: New Bursch Super Sport Exhaust

#16 Post by Barton Beach »

The C coupe at the concours was my car. It was used to redesign the twin muffler super sport exhaust for pm's external oil filter.
Yes it is loud! But I've gotten use to it and love the sound it makes. At the end of the day, it is not too loud, and sounds great!!
Last edited by Barton Beach on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'65 C Coupe
'64 SC Cab

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#17 Post by Wes Bender »

Jim Liberty wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:33 pm I put NLA's SS on my C Coupe. Just the right sound for me. Loud enough to hear without making one deaf. ........Jim.
Jim, is that the one that has the two straight pipes coming out under the bumper?
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Mark Baker
356 Fan

#18 Post by Mark Baker »

I added this exhaust to my 63 Super after the old Bursch was unusable after removal for head work over the winter. It had lasted me 22 years though! The exhaust is nicely made, good welds and finish. Alignment to the heads and J pipes could be better. It was a bit of a bugger to install. Overall, I don't have Dyno numbers, but would say ‘by the seat of the pants’ comparison, there is a bump in HP. How much, I don’t know.

However, I will not be keeping it on the car. It is just too loud for my tastes. Some find it acceptable, others rave about it. However, I am not getting on with it. Great exhaust - just not for me…

Yes, it will be for sale soon to someone who will appreciate the sound!
Mark Baker
63 T6 Coupe. No frills.....

ScottBerry
356 Fan

#19 Post by ScottBerry »

Mark - is your exhaust still available? Are you referring to the Bursch exhaust or NLA's Please send me a PM.

S
1960 356B (110196) restoration project in progress
1968 912 Restoration Complete