Any one Has a very early 1962 model

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Larry Brooks
356 Fan

Re: Any one Has a very early 1962 model

#16 Post by Larry Brooks »

Not sure if it helps but I found this on my 62 which is VIN 117708, completed on Oct 11, 1961.

It is early enough to have the T5 type flat spoke steering wheel (yes, not all T6's have the later wheel).

It has a later, C type white plastic cover with the rubber band. There is a hole drilled on the left side (as you're facing it) and the other side hooked into one of the holes for the hood hinge bracket. There is no hole on the right side.

I was planning to get the molded paper, black cover, but is it possible that it had something different from the factory?

It is a project and I hadn't pulled the cover until today. Yeah I'm always happy to see them all mixed up and higher amp fuses in place of the 8's that should be there. Can't wait to see how the proper fuses do. Maybe since he swapped all of the white ones out, he just replaced them all when he had a problem with one.
Attachments
fb2.jpg
fb.jpg

Larry Brooks
356 Fan

#17 Post by Larry Brooks »

I just found an old thread here that showed a picture of what the clips looked like that clipped onto these studs.

I looked online and found them. They are dirt cheap, but have to order a couple hundred of them.

Anyone else want a set?
Attachments
fbclip.jpg

Ibrahim Kuzu
356 Fan

#18 Post by Ibrahim Kuzu »

Thank you Larry for the info.
We are with your Vin # and build date super close to When Factory/Dealers started drilling the first fuse block plates.Converting them to the rubber band holds.