Generator markings

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Dennis Vogel
356 Fan

Re: Generator markings

#16 Post by Dennis Vogel »

There is quite a bit of Bosch model applicability information on DerWhite's Bosch Electrical Parts page. Includes regulators, generators, and starters.
1960 356 S90 Sunroof Coupe
1970 914-6
2014 Carrera S

Al Zim
356 Fan

#17 Post by Al Zim »

I do not remember back into the 60's to remember what the early cars without the regulator on top of the generator used for a generator. Generator4s with a slot narrower than the width of the brushes was common. Neither of your generators have this. I have only been able to find one of those generators in the last few years. We have 2 buyers continually purchasing 6 volt stuff with little success. 6 volt VW ended 57 years ago. You should have a core generator to supply small parts which have long since vanished from your your generator for your rebuilder. European armatures are difficult to procure. zim
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/

Vincent Gillespie
356 Fan

#18 Post by Vincent Gillespie »

Hello Mr. Zim, Thanks for your input, the 'rustier' generator has been identified as correct for the '55 which is as I remembered.
Regarding the rebuild we have a well respected and long standing company here in the UK, Broadway Electrical Grays Essex, who I visited on Monday to drop off the bits.
For those of you in the UK, great to deal with, very impressive set up, body of work, knowledge, reputation and years of accumulated stock of spare parts, and some interesting 'things' being worked on.
V
V. Gillespie

Al Zim
356 Fan

#19 Post by Al Zim »

I looked at my "Precious" generator which has the same marking on it as noted in the 356A parts book. The markings on my generator are exactly the same as yours! 67 years ago. Except for the opening above the brushes.
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/