Removing driver's seat !

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Tim Splaine
356 Fan

Re: Removing driver's seat !

#16 Post by Tim Splaine »

Mine came out from a hard push whilst sat in the back and folded down. What about a cloth covered heavy block of wood and tap it with lump hammer gently on each side a bit at a time.

JohnLiles
356 Fan

#17 Post by JohnLiles »

OK thanks for all your helpful responses . I managed to loosen off the 4 nuts that hold the outer seat rail to the floor and when that was wobbly but not removed , got in behind the seat and manoeuvred it out ,the front end had to rise up to manage the final forward movement .

The reason for removing the seat was that I had broken the rivet that holds the seat adjuster in place and thought I could repair it myself . However you really need to drill out all the rivets holding that part of the seat underframe in place ( 5 or 6 of them ) and remove that part of frame so could engineer a replacement bolt with nyloc nut.....or just drill out the stub of broken rivet and use either a blind rivet or a self tapping bolt to replace the broken rivet . Decision made to take the car to my trusty 356 shop when the next set of jobs needed as dont have suitable tools .

So after the struggle to get the seat out , I had to get it back . I managed it without loosening off the seat rail but it took a lot of wiggling to get both sides hooked up at the same time ! . Fortunately no children were present .....
IMG_2148.JPG
1957 'A' and 1955 'Continental Outlaw'

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#18 Post by Mike Wilson »

Some jobs do result in expressions of creative vocabulary.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe