Past Registry Holidays Page Now on Website

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Mark Roth
356Talk Moderator

Past Registry Holidays Page Now on Website

#1 Post by Mark Roth »

There is a new page on our website, Past Registry Holidays, which can be found under the Events top menu. The name says it all. This is a list of all the holidays and links to the magazine article about each holiday that is in our document library. Some of the holidays before 1992 (when Gordon Maltby began as editor) did not have a magazine article and have no link. Take a look at the articles and go down memory lane. https://356registry.clubexpress.com/con ... _id=518798

Best to sign into the website first as the magazine articles are only available to members.

During the creation of this page I was reminded of the work that Michael Branning did to facilitate our ability to access every article that was ever published in the almost 50 years of the magazine. Michael obtained pdfs of every magazine from Gordon's stash of 500 dvds and boxes of materials and even assembled a few pdfs from incomplete pieces he found. He then found someone to break every magazine into different pdfs of each article. He organized a committee headed by Greg Bryan which "tagged" each article with pre-defined tags so that the articles could be searched by topic (tag) as well as the name of the article. All the articles were then numbered in a system so that they could be found in our library. I was able to find the holiday articles to link to the webpage. This would not have been possible without the hard and time consuming work of our volunteers. Thank you again, guys.
Mark Roth
65 C Cab (Black/black)

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: Past Registry Holidays Page Now on Website

#2 Post by Jim Liberty »

All of you Trustees and project heads have taken the club many levels ahead. I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your efforts and results. It is a lot easer to start something than finish it. .........Again, Thanks, Jim.
Jim Liberty