zenith carbs from carb rescue

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: zenith carbs from carb rescue

#16 Post by Jim Liberty »

The Devin was fabricated for a Crosley, frame, etc. All the rear engine Devins have a different rear body for the rear engine. I'm putting a PEPCO blower on it. See what I mean? .....Jim.
Jim Liberty

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#17 Post by Brian R Adams »

Wes Bender wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:41 pm You could always stick a Corvair engine in it and then wonder why you had one speed forward and three in reverse.....
Is that something like a WW II Italian army tank?
-
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#18 Post by Wes Bender »

... you mean as in three speeds for retreat? No, this isn't fair to our Italian friends. Italian cars have a certain something about them that sets them apart. I've helped friends rebuild Alfa Romeo engines. I don't know what it is, but they just have their own personalities. It's kind of like the difference between old Ford trucks and old Chevy trucks. There's a difference that's hard to quantify. And they even smell different. It's why the guys on here love their 356s. Other folks like their (fill in the blank) cars. We're all car nuts that just happen to like 356s.

Drove mine early this morning to beat the heat and thought while I was cruising, "Why don't I get this same feeling from driving my other, newer cars?"
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#19 Post by Jim Liberty »

Wes, please do not put stuff like that in my head. It is difficult to turn the seat 180 degrees, not yo mention the three pedals. Next you will be talking about a small block Chevy in the trunk of my C Coupe. ............Jim.
Thank you Mark Roth, Michael Branning and all the rest of you Trustees for allowing this "Talk", to be more forgiving of the "Musings" of some us old geezers.
Jim Liberty

Patrick Ertel
356 Fan

#20 Post by Patrick Ertel »

While I had the engine out of my '56 coupe this past winter I had the distributor, carbs, and fuel pump rebuilt by professional services. Bill at Sparkswerks did the distributor, Doug Feistamel did the fuel pump, and Jim did the carbs. The car has never run so well - great power and smooth as glass.
I am an inveterate do it yourself and used to think anyone could rebuild these devices, but without the right parts, the right tools, and the experience these folks have, you just can't beat their work.
Patrick Ertel