vin number dilemma

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: vin number dilemma

#76 Post by Martin Benade »

I do have some faith in telling the complete truth and hoping for a reasonable response, which sounds like your thinking too. Good luck
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Jay Darlington
356 Fan

#77 Post by Jay Darlington »

yep, thats my line of thinking Martin. i could very well stamp the engine number that the COA shows as the real one, and no one would have probably ever known. but my parents didn't put me together like that. so i'll take my knocks if i have to, so be it.
Jay D.
jay darlington

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#78 Post by Martin Benade »

That’s respectable. I like it.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Jay Darlington
356 Fan

Re: vin number dilemma UP DATE

#79 Post by Jay Darlington »

I WOULD LIKE to take back all the nasty, filthy, derogatory, slanderous, hateful remarks i ever said about the Oregon DMV. after about a 2 1/2 hour wait to get in (if you want a job Oregon DMV is hiring) so once at the window i explained that my title had the wrong vin number. we went outside and i showed him the vin number and explained that someone back in the 50's used the engine number for a vin number and that that engine was gone. and the new one has no number. yep, they sure did, not a problem. :D back in the office for 10 min. or so and i walk out with a title with 3 names on it and the correct vin number. i ask about the engine number he shrugged his shoulders and said there is no number its going to be blank. its been 3 hours now and i still have a smile, big smile.
Jay D.
Last edited by Jay Darlington on Wed May 11, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jay darlington

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

Re: vin number dilemma UP DATE

#80 Post by Brian R Adams »

jay darlington wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:24 pm I WOULD LIKE to take back all the nasty, filthy, derogatory, slanderous, hateful remarks i ever said about the Oregon DMV.
Jay, proves yet again the power of positive thinking. 8)

I am very happy for you.
-
Last edited by Brian R Adams on Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#81 Post by Martin Benade »

That is fantastic! Three names on the title was what you wanted?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Jay Darlington
356 Fan

#82 Post by Jay Darlington »

Martin Benade wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:50 pm That is fantastic! Three names on the title was what you wanted?
yes, the wife and i and my youngest boy. inherences can be a problem we are just trying to cover all the bases. he helped me with all the body work and painting and many other things. he likes older cars, he has an older 911S, a hotrod VW bug with a 2376 i believe, and a stock restored 52 gmc 1/2 ton. when he gets the 356 he will have to add on to his shop.
Jay D.
jay darlington

John Clarke
356 Fan

#83 Post by John Clarke »

Hi again Jay D
That is such Good News
It was well worth the wait !
I sort of knew that if You went in with the right frame of mind AND You got lucky with the Officer who dealt with your case at the DMV, You would be O.K. .
All sorted then, Happy Days :D
That is a load off Your mind.
Kind Regards Jay C

Jay Darlington
356 Fan

#84 Post by Jay Darlington »

thanks John, yes i was lucky the DMV person was open minded and levelheaded. there were several ways this could have been accomplished. but i felt giving them the information as i had it was the best, rather than trying to deceive them.
Jay D.
jay darlington