Insurance

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Dave Erickson
356 Fan

Re: Insurance

#31 Post by Dave Erickson »

I spoke to a different agent at Hagerty and this time the process sailed right through. We all have a bad day now and then, even Hagerty agents.

Mark Todorovich
356 Fan
Tag: Drive em

#32 Post by Mark Todorovich »

I just ran into this again. Hagerty will not insure your car if its a daily driver. There must be car insured elsewhere for each driver in the house. There isn't an endorsement that limits amount or type of use. I have driven my cars all over the country. In nice weather like we have been having I drive it to work 4 or 5 days a month. To the grocery store or the golf course is also common. If you have a series of claims that show your use is not as a hobbiest they probably wouldn't renew, but there isn't an endorsement that would allow them not to pay because of where you were driving.
Mark Todorovich 4243
52 Coupe
56 Speedster project now underway
63 Cab?

Jay Darlington
356 Fan

#33 Post by Jay Darlington »

this is just a rumor, but we heard from a reliable agent that State Farm was working to buy Hagerty within a year. i have had Hagerty only for a month or two but very happy with the transaction. i only insured my car for 100K, the price goes up considerably with anything above that, higher premium and deductibles. i have very little invested in my car so if it is totaled and they pay off 100K then i'm way ahead of the game.
Jay D.
jay darlington