Reutter Certificate of Production Problem

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

Re: Reutter Certificate of Production Problem

#31 Post by Darryl Deppe »

Mark Luichinger wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:45 pm Darryl. So there has been no communication from Guido since March 4th 2020?
Mark, this is the last communication from Guido on July 9, 2020, then silence, no replies to my e-mails.

==================
Erlkoenig Classic (info@erlkoenig-classic.de)
To:you Details
Dear Darryl,

sorry for the late reply . Your certificate was finished in Mai and shipped out . Actually we search about more than 8 shipment from the last three month there were lost by shipping but we get now fixed information.
So I think the best for you is when we make a duplicate ( 100% like the first one ) and ship it out a second time as priority mail with deutsche post.
I´ll give you a feedback when the second shipment is done with all the tracking information.

I´m so sorry for the horrible delivery times in this covid days.
Thank you also for your patience

King Regards

Guido

Mark Luichinger
356 Fan
Tag: For a little more you can do it yourself

#32 Post by Mark Luichinger »

Darryl. Thanks for the response. It looks like purchasing this item from Guido is a crap shoot. My guess is nothing nefarious about his actions. He is just way in over his head. I think he need a U.S. rep to facilitate transactions./customer service. Unfortunately I send him money using PayPal a couple of weeks ago. While I don’t expect the product quickly I did think I would get some type of communication verifying the order. If I do get ahold of him I will post what I learn.
For a little more you can do it yourself

Cliff Murray
356 Fan

#33 Post by Cliff Murray »

Speaking only for myself, I believe that this issue is something that the Trustees should attempt to improve. I have not yet seen any proven case of deception but clearly the Reutter Certificate program needs help. If we care about fraud then we should also care enough when our members don't get a product that they have paid for even if it is unintentional. I will bring this up with the Trustees.

Meanwhile, is there anybody that lives near Guido and could visit him with the intention of forming a more organized system? There must be a member near him. Please help if you can.
1957 Speedster
1959 Sunroof
1960 Devin D Porsche racer
1963 GS2133 Coupe
1967 911S
2003 575M
Various vintage motorcycles

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#34 Post by Jules Dielen »

Darryl Deppe wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:33 am
Mark Luichinger wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:45 pm Darryl. So there has been no communication from Guido since March 4th 2020?
Mark, this is the last communication from Guido on July 9, 2020, then silence, no replies to my e-mails.

==================
Dear Darryl,

sorry for the late reply . Your certificate was finished in Mai and shipped out . Actually we search about more than 8 shipment from the last three month there were lost by shipping but we get now fixed information.
So I think the best for you is when we make a duplicate ( 100% like the first one ) and ship it out a second time as priority mail with deutsche post.
I´ll give you a feedback when the second shipment is done with all the tracking information.

I´m so sorry for the horrible delivery times in this covid days.
Thank you also for your patience

King Regards

Guido
Darryl,

I contacted Guido on your behalf. He sent 2 with USPS but none arrived. He recently switched to UPS since the USPS is so unreliable. He will send you a third copy with UPS shortly, you should be seeing it within a few weeks.

I also offered Guido to be his contact in the USA, working on those details with him.
Last edited by Jules Dielen on Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Cliff Murray
356 Fan

#35 Post by Cliff Murray »

Jules Dielen wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:04 pm I also offered Guido to be his contact in the USA, working on those details with him.
Jules, thank you.
1957 Speedster
1959 Sunroof
1960 Devin D Porsche racer
1963 GS2133 Coupe
1967 911S
2003 575M
Various vintage motorcycles

Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

#36 Post by Darryl Deppe »

Cliff Murray wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:09 pm
Jules Dielen wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:04 pm I also offered Guido to be his contact in the USA, working on those details with him.
Jules, thank you.
This would be a total Christmas miracle, I appreciate the dust-up Cliff and the intervention Jules. I once again just sent Guido an e-mail with all prior correspondance attached with my correct mailing address right up at the top. I know he can ship to my address successfully as I'm looking at my Karrosserie Reutter shop towel and red leather key fob successfully purchased from Guido prior to this whole Certificarte of Production fiasco.

I would like to mention that the manner and tone of all my e-mails to Guido have always been friendly and patient but no reply for over a year made me wonder if he survived Covid. I also believe my periodic forum posts on here about no reply as a warning to others sending money blindly to his website via PayPal were not accusatory that Guido is dishonest; but rather a heads-up that things were broken on his end and wait until we're out of this pandemic supply chain mess to engage in business with him.

I have to admit, I have a hard time believing USPS/Deutsche Post doesn't return mail that can't be delivered, but what do I know.

I'd also like to point out the cost is in the research and creating a .pdf file and not in a few pieces of fancy paper and an embossed cover so printing another and shipping it is a mere fraction of the $348.45 sent to him via PayPal on March 4th, 2020.

Now I guess I'll believe it when I see a UPS tracking number with my correct address showing up in my e-mail.

Thanks!

Eric Lenius
356 Fan
Tag: More is More

#37 Post by Eric Lenius »

[/quote]

Darryl,

I contacted Guido on your behalf. He sent 2 with USPS but none arrived. He recently switched to UPS since the USPS is so unreliable. He will send you a third copy with UPS shortly, you should be seeing it within a few weeks.

I also offered Guido to be his contact in the USA, working on those details with him.
[/quote]

Jules,

If you could act as Guido's agent in the USA that would be fantastic. I did receive one from Guido after similar delays. My experience with Deutchepost and USPS is that they are utterly reliable. So, it makes the explanation a bit hard to believe. Increased communications would help things a bunch.

Eric L.

Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

#38 Post by Darryl Deppe »

Good news, I received this e-mail from Guido a few minutes ago and I must say his English and grammer have greatly improved (thanks Jules), truly a Christmas miracle.

=========================

Hello Darryl,

sorry again - until I got the message from Jules, I assumed that you received the shipment in the mail in the second attempt.
I hope you will accept my honest apology. As I have already reported to Jules, we have it in Sept / Oct. Last year shipping switched to UPS, because in times of Corona the delivery security is only guaranteed with UPS (especially 3-5 days instead of 6 weeks to 6 months).

We will print and bind your certificate again tomorrow and send it to you no later than Monday via UPS Saver Express. Then you should have it with you at least this year before Christmas.
I will email you the UPS tracking number after the shipment

Thank you again for your patience - we will include a small present for Christmas

Best regards

Guido

Mark Luichinger
356 Fan

#39 Post by Mark Luichinger »

I had a friends relative in Germany contact Guido for me. Apparently my e mail went to his spam folder. Subsequent e mail by Guido stated my certificate will be mailed next week. Thinks are looking a lot better. Darryl let us know if it shows up.

Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

#40 Post by Darryl Deppe »

Mark Luichinger wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:01 pm Darryl let us know if it shows up.
Mark, I received an e-mail from Guido with a UPS tracking number yesterday, it's supposed to show up on Monday. I'm cautiously optimistic... no, honestly, giddy with optimism! I suspected a spam folder scenario with the numerous e-mails I sent him with no reply.

Mark Luichinger
356 Fan

#41 Post by Mark Luichinger »

Darryl. That is great to hear. Amazing what a little communication can do

Graeme Langford
356 Fan

#42 Post by Graeme Langford »

Darryl Deppe wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:53 am
Jules, thank you.
I have to admit, I have a hard time believing USPS/Deutsche Post doesn't return mail that can't be delivered, but what do I know.
A friend bought a rare Porsche last year from Germany and the courier (I do not know who) managed to loose the service history and the documentation for the car. It happens
1958 356A
1967 911S

Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

#43 Post by Darryl Deppe »

Mark Luichinger wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:28 pm Darryl. That is great to hear. Amazing what a little communication can do
Yeah Mark, you know the old saying, "Assume makes an ASS out of U and ME" and tracking numbers are pretty awesome at taking that element out of the picture.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#44 Post by Adam Wright »

Graeme Langford wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:06 pm
Darryl Deppe wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:53 am
Jules, thank you.
A friend bought a rare Porsche last year from Germany and the courier (I do not know who) managed to loose the service history and the documentation for the car. It happens
I always ship that stuff separate from the car, as well as the title, truckers are not very good with paperwork. Details are not their strong suit.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Darryl Deppe
356 Fan

#45 Post by Darryl Deppe »

There is a Santa Claus, his name is Guido! This just arrived via UPS and it confirms my 356C is exactly how it left the factory except for the engine. Thanks Jules for getting this all sorted out.