That's Munich

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Bob Joyce
356 Fan

That's Munich

#1 Post by Bob Joyce »

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Great pic!

My only suggestion to the owner would be to lose the 5.5" repop chromies for 4.5" painted wheels. When I see those 5.5" chromies on a Speedster I automatically question its authenticity...

Great pic! Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Mark

Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Larry Wilson
356 Fan

Re: That's Munich

#3 Post by Larry Wilson »

My Kit-Car alarm just went off!

Larry Wilson

JOEL JENSEN

THATS MUNICH

#4 Post by JOEL JENSEN »

From the photo it's obvious that the general public doesn't really give a rip about 'authenticity'. It look fabulous and will do anything the 'real' one does and usually better. Anything that is except empty your wallet.

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#5 Post by Emil Wojcik »

From the photo it's obvious that the general public doesn't really give a rip about 'authenticity'. It look fabulous and will do anything the 'real' one does and usually better. Anything that is except empty your wallet.
Very few kits can legitimately claim to "do anything the 'real' one does". What seems to be subtle differences in design and construction make the original far superior in term of handling. Drive a few "well made" VW based kits, then some real Speedsters and it's easy to see. I have nothing against kits...just inaccurate descriptions. And to me it looks like the guys in the photo are saying "Oh...it's just a kit..." :wink:
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

JOEL JENSEN

THATS MUNICH

#6 Post by JOEL JENSEN »

Emil, the Intermecchanica, Beck, JPS Motorsports and Automotive Legends cars all are far superior to the original, other than being 'original'. If you really want to bury the old one try the following link:

http://www.pgo.fr/en/modeles/modeles.html

BTW, I can't tell if the car in the pnoto is a kit or a real one and I doubt the guys in the photo know or care. The real proof is when you are driving your 'real' Speedster and you get comments on it being a 'kit car'. As stated in a previous post, 'Mox Nix' to me. :D