Post your favorite 356 pics...

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Jim Johnston
Registry Trustee

Post your favorite 356 pics...

#1 Post by Jim Johnston »

I love to see great 356 photos, and they're even better with the story behind them. I'll start this off with a photo that is one of my favorites. I took it while at the 2004 Speedsterfest. I was there without my car (not enough time to drive from Auburn, AL and back) and bummed rides for the weekend. Three cars took a few hours off on Thursday to drive down the coast. The weather was California perfect and so were the cars. We parked at a restaurant overlooking the ocean, and this is the shot I took. It brings back memories of an amazing weekend. Time and the rest of life was suspended for a few days of pure pleasure.

Jim Phillips
356 Fan

#2 Post by Jim Phillips »

I was on the way to charge the batteries on my boat today and could not resist this photo opp near the marina. Don't look if you don't like YELLOW.

I don't know what the crop was, but there were many, many acres of it.

Last edited by Jim Phillips on Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freddy Rabbat
356 Fan
Tag: Real Carreras have 4 cams

#4 Post by Freddy Rabbat »

at the racetrack....

Freddy
www.356carrera.net

Bill Sooter
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bill Sooter »

This is a picture I took of my car on the "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier Park, Kalispell, MA 1996[/img]
Bill Sooter
Reg # 1048

http://www.typ356ne.org/  
 Event Calender

Jim Johnston
Registry Trustee

And here's another

#6 Post by Jim Johnston »

Sometimes you just get lucky. I'm no photographer, but if you take enough shots one of them just might turn out pretty good. This one, taken at the awards presentations at the Charleston ECH, made the cover of the registry. The front-and-center Speedster was restored and shown by Gary Kempton, who later sold it, so I heard, for the then unheard of price of $135,000 or so. It was just sold at the 2008 RM auction at Amelia Island for $220,000 (plus fees). Still looked pretty nice, though I recall Gary saying he started with an old race car in poor shape.

John Alfenito
356 Fan

#7 Post by John Alfenito »

Jim,
That's one of my favorite “car photos” of all time. Just a classic.
Luck or not…it's still a great shot that you took! 8)
[url=http://www.infive.com][img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/WardAutomotiveGruppe/JohnLeaderPics/PixelButton.gif[/img][/url]

Larry Wilson
356 Fan

Re: Post your favorite 356 pics...

#8 Post by Larry Wilson »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Last edited by Larry Wilson on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Johnston
Registry Trustee

And another...

#9 Post by Jim Johnston »

This photo was taken a few years ago on a Southern Owners Group tour in the North GA mountains, although we might have actually been in NC or TN at this point. That's my pre-restoration 1958 Speedster squeezed between two C models.

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

EASYfest photo

#10 Post by Dan Macdonald »

Here's one of my favorites. It's from an EASYfest gathering a few years ago. This is a portion of the East Bay Grease cars. That's a boat harbor at Clearlake, CA in the background. My car is the black A coupe near the water at the end of the boat ramp. I was a bit concerned about the "wellness" of my emergency brake at this point!

Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

Ted Hedman
356 Fan

#11 Post by Ted Hedman »

This one turned out pretty nice. It was a VARA event at Willow Springs.

-Ted
Ted Hedman
'62 S90 Coupe

Michael Branning
Registry Trustee
Instagram: @mtbranning

2001 Chattanooga Holiday trip

#12 Post by Michael Branning »

This is one of my favorites...Fred Coward of Charleston is driving a '58 Sunroof Outlaw built by George Bryan, and having a blast. (So is his buddy Rhett.) We were caravaning to the Holiday with Bill Smothers and Ken Richardson.

I'm really into photography these days, but have to admit this one was taken one-handed with a little Canon 2MP(?) point-n-shoot as I drove my '63 Cabriolet. (check out the reflections!)

[/img]
Michael Branning
356 Registry Vice President/Trustee
'64 SR Coupe
61 S90 Roadster

Jim Johnston
Registry Trustee

You want a group photo? How about this one?

#13 Post by Jim Johnston »

This is a picture of the concours held on the front lawn of the Biltmore estate at the Asheville ECH a few years ago. Hard to imagine a more impressive setting.

John Alfenito
356 Fan

#14 Post by John Alfenito »

Shot lots of cars at the SBRPCA Breakfast on Saturday.
Managed to take one (or two) of my own black beauty, offered here in all its (momentarily) shiny glory.

[url=http://www.infive.com][img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/WardAutomotiveGruppe/JohnLeaderPics/PixelButton.gif[/img][/url]

#15 Post by Guest »

fall day in the North East

Neds 55 contental Cab