Couple of Questions

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Wm Lozada
356 Fan

Couple of Questions

#1 Post by Wm Lozada »

Last edited by Wm Lozada on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Bill,
Congrats on the new Pre-A. Do you have any pics you can post up??

Mark
-A Pre A fan....
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Wm Lozada
356 Fan

#3 Post by Wm Lozada »

Last edited by Wm Lozada on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Simmeth
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bill Simmeth »

Oh Bill, you lucky dog! I was over at Karosserie a couple weeks ago and saw that car in person. Gorgeous! What a wonderful toy you've purchased.

The Kardex info (or subset of it) is available two ways. First is Marco Marinello's www.elevenparts.com site. He has access to old Kardex info. Click on the Karosserie Nbr plate image on the left side of the home page to get started. You can get your Certificate of Authenticty from PCNA at this link here.

The starting issue sounds similar to some issues recently discussed in other threads. Consensus in those threads seems to be the starter motor bushing.

As for instrument diagrams, nothing beats a driver's manual or copy thereof. Charlie White can hook you up.

Enjoy the ride!
Bill Simmeth
Virginia Piedmont
Registry # 19506
1958 A 104252

Chuck House
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Couple of Questions

#5 Post by Chuck House »

Wm Lozada wrote:Well I took delivery of a beautiful 54 coupe earlier this week. What a thrill. I have a couple of questions:

3. I drove the car the night I got it for a little while, no problem. I drove it yesterday again for several hours, again no problem. Today I go to start it, and though lights are bright, etc., won't turn over. No click, nothing. Battery? I didn't have a meter, so I couldn't check it.
Wm,
On number 3, it sounds like you have a high resistance spot somewhere between the battery and the starter solenoid. This is aggravated when things are hot. A likely culprit is the ignition switch itself or corroded connections. You should seriously consider buying one of these from Joe Leoni. http://www.356electrics.com/relays.htm
Chuck House
Southern California