Dr. Kelly Dixon’s Car...Greenville, SC

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Craig Colaluca
356 Fan

Dr. Kelly Dixon’s Car...Greenville, SC

#1 Post by Craig Colaluca »

Does anyone know the whereabouts of his 356? It was the first car that stopped a 9 year old me in my tracks and obviously set some wheels in motion that influenced my future.
He had the car from new until around 2000. I heard it went to California.
Also, sadly Dr. Dixon has passed and may he Rest In Peace.
Thanks
76 911S Coupe
91 964 C2 Targa
92 964 C2 Coupe
76 BMW 2002 (my handsome son’s car)
66 Mercedes 230SL Pagoda (my beautiful wife’s car)
Greenville, SC

Wayne Phears
356 Fan

Re: Dr. Kelly Dixon’s Car...Greenville, SC

#2 Post by Wayne Phears »

Craig,that Bali blue C cab that hooked you as a 9 year old is alive and well in my garage. I bought Dr. Dixon's car a number of years ago and still have it. One of the last C cabs made, and delivered to Dr. Dixon at the factory in July of 1965. Ironically, as a young med school graduate Dr. Dixon then lived in Atlanta only a few miles from where the car is now, so it went to G'ville for most of its life and is now back to where its American life began. Great documentation on it, including Dr. Kelly's European registration booklet, Sonauto order form, shipping docs, etc. If you have any pics of it I would really like to have a copy to put with what I got when I bought it.

Sorry to hear he passed; I was thinking I might someday meet him. If you are coming to Atlanta let me know and you can go back to your days as a 9 year old.

Craig Colaluca
356 Fan

#3 Post by Craig Colaluca »

Hi Wayne. Thanks so much for the update and I’m so happy to hear the car is well and is being enjoyed.
I have a Bali Blue Coupe so you can see how much of an influence that day in 1981 has had upon my automobile preferences.
I’d love to take you up on your offer to see the car. I do come your way a few times a year and love visiting the Experience Center. I will definitely reach out if headed your way.
Of course if you are coming through Greenville please reach out..even if you don’t have the car with you.
I wish I had a picture to offer you but all I have is the image it burned into my mind. I knew I’d have a car like that one day!
Thanks again Wayne. So glad I know the car is alive and well.
76 911S Coupe
91 964 C2 Targa
92 964 C2 Coupe
Greenville, SC

Craig Colaluca
356 Fan

#4 Post by Craig Colaluca »

Wayne. By the way. I’d love to see pics of the car. If you don’t mind you can email me by my name at gmail. Thanks so much!
76 911S Coupe
91 964 C2 Targa
92 964 C2 Coupe
Greenville, SC