What are these pipes?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Larry Brooks
356 Fan

What are these pipes?

#1 Post by Larry Brooks »

A few month back I bought out a hoard of 356 parts from an old friend. He's been a 356 guy for almost 50 years so there was a lot of stuff from Pre-A to 356C. I got through most of it but then I got busy with a couple of cars and another big hoard so I just put a bunch of it in storage until I could get to it. I was finally able to get to it last week and went through the last 16 bins. I know what all of it is except for a handful of parts.

What are these? They look like they would fit right in front of the heater boxes and are the right size on the one end at 2". At the bend they are welded to 2.5" diameter pipe. I'm guessing they are Pre-A and/or 356A?
pipes.jpg
pipes.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 489 times
pipes2.jpg
pipes2.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 489 times

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: What are these pipes?

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

I think your guess is correct. Looks like the correct angle and size. Would these eliminate the heater cans and heat would be constantly going into the interior?

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Al Zim
356 Fan

Re: What are these pipes?

#3 Post by Al Zim »

Eliminating the cans on the body that have a shut off valve for the heaters will allow excessive noise from the engine to enter the cockpit of the car! That changes a pleasant fall drive into a ticking nightmare.
www.allzim.com 
356 Parts and Services
www.facebook.com/ZimsAuto/
www.instagram.com/zims_autotechnik/