Porsche Camping!? ++ Flagstaff, AZ ++

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
brian richardson
356 Fan

Porsche Camping!? ++ Flagstaff, AZ ++

#1 Post by brian richardson »

2019 "Porsche's in the Pines" (October 2nd – 6th) — A Porsche Campout in Flagstaff, AZ.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Registry members get 20% off until the 15th. Please use promo code "registry" at http://porschesinthepines.com

Do "Porsche people" camp? We think so, and hope to gather a few like-minded folks up in the cool forested pines of Flagstaff for some 60's and 70's style camping – low impact and lot's of fun! Although a Porsche is not required to attend, we'd like to have as many "air-cooled" vehicles around camp as possible. If you plan to trailer your vehicle, there will be plenty of trailer parking. We even have room for a few RVs and camping/toy haulers.

The campsite will has fun things to do, lots of hiking & biking, and is located 10 minutes from Flagstaff and the "High Desert Holiday" host hotel. Just a simple fun family-style event to experience and enjoy our cars and the people who drive them!

PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate event from the "High Desert Holiday" which will be held in Flagstaff during the same week.

Although not associated with the AZ Outlaws or 356 Registry, they have graciously opened their Saturday Concours event to our campers as well as Sunday's Swapmeet. However, anyone NOT registered with the Concours must attend as a spectator only, and all other HDH events will require proof of registration.
Last edited by brian richardson on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: Porsche Camping!? ++ Flagstaff, AZ ++

#2 Post by Mark Pribanic »

I camp several times a year with my 356. Daytona Speedway (twice a year), Sebring (1-2 time/yr), Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca etc... I sleep in my 1969 Canvas VW Bus tent that came with the Westfalia campers. I don't see why one wouldn't unless it was too hot out. Wish I was closer
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Howard Hues
356 Fan

#3 Post by Howard Hues »

For those of you from out of town, this camp out is being put together by great people and will be a great time for sure! The holiday sold out very quickly and it’s nice to see how dedicated 356’ers are to gathering and enjoying the sport that they would be willing to organize a camp out for those of you that could not register in time...the temperature will be perfect during the days (mid 70’s) and a little chilly at night ( mid 40’s) ....so pack some warm clothes and gear!! Flagstaff is a winter wonderland!
Matt Howard
shop.deluxecustoms.com

brian richardson
356 Fan

#4 Post by brian richardson »

That's awesome, I really appreciate your posts guys! Thank you to Matt (who also puts on the BEST Porsche Swapmeet in AZ), and Mark definitely wish you were closer.

Registration is open and its set up so Registry members will get 20% off until the 15th. Please use promo code "registry" at http://porschesinthepines.com

This should be a fun event for everyone and is a great option for those who may not have been able to register for the Holiday. The Sunday Concours will be worth the drive even if you can't stay for all 4 days. We've already have a few VWs planned to attend as well as some nice 356s. It should be a great time for all, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Pack your bags!

PIP_Campground-u.jpg
PIP_Campground-u.jpg (458.66 KiB) Viewed 2679 times

Joris Koning
356 Fan

#5 Post by Joris Koning »

Great initiative Brian, wish I could join! Please tell your dad I say hi.
'56 Coupe
'57 Coupe
'59 Cab 
'60 Coupe

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#6 Post by Steve Proctor »

Joris, I never cease to be amazed at how far away you are, but how well connected you are as well.
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#7 Post by Wes Bender »

He was the poster child for Hank Snow's, "I've Been Everywhere, Man".
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

brian richardson
356 Fan

#8 Post by brian richardson »

Campout is just over a week away... there's plenty of room to join in the fun! Even if you're not camping, we'll still have beers, brats and campfires on friday. Come say hello in between Holiday events! Easy access from the freeway and no off-road driving. Take some cool photos of your car in the pine trees, buy a shirt and stay for a brat and chat.

Register at porschesinthepines.com

also started a facebook group called "Porsche Camping" for future events, sharing adventures, and to help spread the word.

jenkinson.jpg
jenkinson.jpg (773.44 KiB) Viewed 2387 times

Pascal Giai
356 Fan

#9 Post by Pascal Giai »

What is the address of the campsite if we want to come and purchase a T-Shirt ?

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#10 Post by Steve Proctor »

This just in. The Registry will allow non-registered MEMBERS OF THE 356 REGISTRY WITH CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARDS IN THEIR POSSESSION to attend the tech sessions. HDH Badges and cards will be checked at the door and if non-registered members have a current membership card in their possession, they will be able to enter upon signing a liability release.
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

brian richardson
356 Fan

#11 Post by brian richardson »

For Pascal and anyone else that wants to come visit the campsite, the address is: Fort Tuthill-Palmer Bypass, Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Bring your car, bring your friends, bring your friends cars or just come hang out and take some pictures in the forest. Easy access from the freeway to the campsite and no off-road driving.

DonCichocki
356 Fan

#12 Post by DonCichocki »

Brian,
Please let us know how the campout turned out! Great initiative!