Key West Hotel

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Bob Forman
356 Fan

Key West Hotel

#1 Post by Bob Forman »

Knowing we have a lot of members in Florida, I am hoping for a hotel recommendation in Key West or thereabouts. I'm attending a wedding there in late November.
Bob Forman

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

Re: Key West Hotel

#2 Post by Doug McDonnell »

I stayed at and had a meeting at Casa Marina several years ago. It is a Waldorf Astoria property and nice. If you want local charm you will want a smaller place.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

#3 Post by Spencer Harris »

+1 on a smaller place with charm. Check out these B&Bs closest to Mallory Square as you'll want to mosey over to the Square around sunset. My last few trips to the Keys we camped at the Pennekamp park as we were diving off Largo, but that's 100 mi. from KW.
https://www.mallorysquare.com/bed-and-breakfast/
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#4 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Cayo Hueso Resorts on the link Spencer posted used to be owned by a co worker's sister. It may still be but coworker died so I can't contact him to see if his sister still owns it. I stayed there once. Clean and fairly quiet. Local charm for sure. Depending on your needs/desires it could be a great place to stay. Call and ask if still owned by Greg's(everyone called him Muffy) sister. From Michigan originally.
Last edited by Doug McDonnell on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.

Doug Darrah
356 Fan
Tag: PARTS IS PARTS :>)

#5 Post by Doug Darrah »

Key Largo and Key West are 2 great stops for us locals :-) 24 North Hotel is where we stay, they set up scooter rentals and have them delivered for you and picked up when your finished, enjoy your vacation.

ray nelson
356 Fan

#6 Post by ray nelson »

It's been ages since I've been to Key West but one of the nicer but not cheap Hotels was the Pier House. It's located on the water at the end of Duval street. Very close to Mallory Square and where most of the action is however if you're not adverse to riding a scooter the island is pretty small and you can stay almost anywhere.

Ray