Never take investment advice from someone who makes money on your trading

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Edwin Ek
356 Fan

Never take investment advice from someone who makes money on your trading

#1 Post by Edwin Ek »

It's true for the stock market and the old Porsche market. Yet everyone loves to give an opinion, on CNBC and here.

It was a better world when 356's were just old sports cars, not vehicles for investing and speculating.

Wes Bender
356 Fan

Re: Never take investment advice from someone who makes money on your trading

#2 Post by Wes Bender »

I'm still in that better world and enjoying it!!! ...and you could too.
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Harlan Halsey
356 Fan

#3 Post by Harlan Halsey »

+1, Wes

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#4 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Happening here in the uk at the moment! I you said never trust someone on commission for advice.

https://www.ftadviser.com/investments/2 ... ford-fees/

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

Edwin Ek wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:18 pm
It was a better world when 356's were just old sports cars, not vehicles for investing and speculating.
In my experience everyone harkens back to the good old days, until it is their turn to sell something, then capitalism shines through. People complain to me about prices sometimes, I then offer to straight trade the part they need for something I need, then suddenly they start telling him high retail prices. Had a guy call me a few years ago and said he needed gauges for a C car, but he needed them priced "like he stole them." I said trade me three wheels for the 3 gauges. He scoffed and told me three wheels are worth $600-900, I said so are three gauges if you pay high retail. A capitalist after all....
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#6 Post by Ron LaDow »

Edwin Ek wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:18 pm It was a better world when 356's were just old sports cars, not vehicles for investing and speculating.
I'm old enough to tell those kids to get off my lawn, but I see no reason for your claim; please tell us why.
Until I married, I *NEVER* bought a new car; the 'drive-off-the-lot' penalty made it a non-starter. Suffice to say the Lusso, the (at least 15) 356s, the F1 I bought were all bought for enjoyment (and an eye to at least not lose money; none did).
I got no gripes.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz