Are there any identifying marks or date codes to be found on the back of ULO reflector? I've seen:
- Stoddard reproductions have "ULO No 135"
- "genuine" ones from Aase don't appear to have any markings.
Thanks to some very informative threads on the forum, I think I've determined:
- After 1959, all the lenses were plastic
- 60-61 probably had "sunburst" ULO logo in the center
- The backs were aluminum (according to Dr. B Johnson Authenticity book)
- The only difference between above and below bumper assemblies is the addition of a spacer to shorten the length of the stud and to adjust the reflector. The reflectors themselves are the same?
Did I overlook anything, or get something incorrect?
- In my original post, I referred to SWF, which would have been pre-1960 according to Dr. Johnson. So not applicable to this thread.
I'm not sure if there is a way to identify reproductions on the plastic lenses.